I hope to get a DELL G3 boot file.

layueershi

10 posts in this topic

I am a newbie, I have been working for a long time and still have not succeeded.

I hope to get a DELL G3 boot file.

If so, I hope I can share it.

Many thanks

Below is the configuration of my notebook

DELL G3 3579

I5-8300H

GTX1050 4G

HUD630

Hey Man,

I've got the same Dell G3 15" 3579

i5-8300H

GTX1050 ti

UHD630 

This will get you installed and booted.  The intel WIFI and Bluetooth card won't work so its easier to spend $30 and get a broadcom card that's compatible.

Nvidia hasn't released drivers but I've got mine working enough to edit video with cuda acceleration. Download the webdriver with webdriver.sh (download from github) then you can use the updater and patcher commands I attached.

I have the trackpad working perfectly.  Took a few tries though.

Use the EFI folder to get up and running.  I've used it to install High Sierra and Mojave for clean installs.  make sure you have your BIOS set to AHCI and that secure boot is off.  you need to enable the network stack WITHOUT PXE  to get ethernet working.  should work right off the hop.

I HIGHLY recommend avoiding APFS at all costs.  When you install after it reboots the first time  boot it up from the installer driver and open a terminal and enter this one line at a time 

ls -1 /Volumes
cd /Volumes/disk_drive_name
cd "macOS Install Data"
vi minstallconfig.xml

You need to change the value of "convert to APFS" from true to false.  use the arrow keys to highlight the "t" in true and hit delete 4 times.  Then press "i" and type false.  Hit Esc then type :wq to save or :q! if you need to start over.

Then continue the install and you're good.  Unless you are installing Mojave and this last part is a huge waste of time and you should just install Mojave and clone it to an HFS+ drive. 

You got this. Yes this laptop is a $^#^#%& to get started with but....hyper-threaded cores.

Have fun!  

EFI

1448-TRACKPAD.SYNAPTIC-GESTURE.zip

NvidiaPatcher.command

Framebuffer Coffee lake Mojave UHD 630 3E9B009.rtf

nvidia-update.command

master-disable.command

• Thanks 2

Thank you buddy

I have successfully installed

As you said, the discrete graphics card can't be driven, you need to plug in the network cable to go online.

Now gradually improving.

thank you very much

I installed the 10.14.2 version.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2019 at 8:14 PM, Fyormat said:

EFI

Hi there,

I am a newbie for Hackintosh,and after searching and searching for ages,i am surprised to found that we have the same Dell G3.

Well...Unfortunately ,the link of the EFI files seems unavailable anymore .Could you please re-upload the EFI files ?

Thank you very much!

• 4 months later...
On 1/1/2019 at 10:14 AM, Fyormat said:

Hey Man,

I've got the same Dell G3 15" 3579

i5-8300H

GTX1050 ti

UHD630 

This will get you installed and booted.  The intel WIFI and Bluetooth card won't work so its easier to spend $30 and get a broadcom card that's compatible.

Nvidia hasn't released drivers but I've got mine working enough to edit video with cuda acceleration. Download the webdriver with webdriver.sh (download from github) then you can use the updater and patcher commands I attached.

I have the trackpad working perfectly.  Took a few tries though.

Use the EFI folder to get up and running.  I've used it to install High Sierra and Mojave for clean installs.  make sure you have your BIOS set to AHCI and that secure boot is off.  you need to enable the network stack WITHOUT PXE  to get ethernet working.  should work right off the hop.

I HIGHLY recommend avoiding APFS at all costs.  When you install after it reboots the first time  boot it up from the installer driver and open a terminal and enter this one line at a time 

ls -1 /Volumes
cd /Volumes/disk_drive_name
cd "macOS Install Data"
vi minstallconfig.xml

You need to change the value of "convert to APFS" from true to false.  use the arrow keys to highlight the "t" in true and hit delete 4 times.  Then press "i" and type false.  Hit Esc then type :wq to save or :q! if you need to start over.

Then continue the install and you're good.  Unless you are installing Mojave and this last part is a huge waste of time and you should just install Mojave and clone it to an HFS+ drive. 

You got this. Yes this laptop is a $^#^#%& to get started with but....hyper-threaded cores.

Have fun!  

EFI

1448-TRACKPAD.SYNAPTIC-GESTURE.zip

NvidiaPatcher.command

Framebuffer Coffee lake Mojave UHD 630 3E9B009.rtf

nvidia-update.command

master-disable.command

Hello, I also have a dell g3 (i7 8750h + 1050ti) and I have been trying to 
install hackintosh in my dell for a long time, now I'm close to finishing.

I have a question about 1050ti.
I'm running High Sierra, I installed the webdriver and in the system report 
shows "Nvidia chip model" with 0MB VRAM.

I also installed the cuda driver and at first it is recognized, but I can not 
use it in apps like photoshop, which shows uhd630 only.

How does it appear on your notebook? Show nvidia 1050ti?

Another question, I could not make the hdmi output work. Do you know if it's possible?

Thank you.
Edited by arildojr

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, guys. can someone please upload the EFI files for Dell G3 again. I tried to use the link provided in this page previously but unfortunately it's no longer usable. 

Below are the specs for my laptop :

Dell G3 3579

Intel i7-8750H

GTX 1050Ti 4Gb

Intel UHD 630

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2019 at 4:06 PM, wcfan98 said:

Hey, guys. can someone please upload the EFI files for Dell G3 again. I tried to use the link provided in this page previously but unfortunately it's no longer usable. 

Below are the specs for my laptop :

Dell G3 3579

Intel i7-8750H

GTX 1050Ti 4Gb

Intel UHD 630

Thanks in advance.

If you still need that, you can go to github and search 'Dell G3 EFI" to find a EFI file. 

• 9 months later...