Mojave 14.2 on ga-x79-up4 - Sleep

forum

18 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

after using yosemite for a long time with a complete working system, i decided to jump into a fresh install on my old system.

Most things work flawless, except USB3 and sleep which is the more important thing.

Every time i set it to sleep, it shuts down for a moment and then the system starts again with black screen and low power consumption +- 100w (normal idle is around 120-140).

I can only hard reset the system to get it working again.

I used the DSDT Patch from my old system, but i think it may have some errors.

I hape you do have an Idea what to do.

Here are my specs:

Gigabyte X79-up4

i7-3930k

32gb Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3071 MB

512 Samsung SSD

Mojave 14.2

newest bios

I attached the RunMe files.

Best

forum

Send me mojaves-iMac.fritz.box 2.zip

Edited by forum

I updated the clover folder with your files and the system rebooted instantly after around 10 seconds after login to post again.
I could´nt even try to set the system to sleep..

I'm online again with my old efi.

:/

____

just for the record, that's the smaller Problem.

USB-Stick @ Usb2  Port was working in osx

USB-Stick @ USB3  Port was not working in osx

____

24 minutes ago, forum said:

USB-Stick @ USB3  Port was not working in osx

Yes, I can see the USB 2.0 ports working in ioreg. However, I am not able to see any hint of USB 3.0 devices. You can try inject a XHC device in the dsdt.

EDIT: I opened up your working DSDT and found hundreds of errors. Managed to eliminate the errors only. See if it boots now with the attached DSDT.

DSDT.aml.zip

Screenshot 2018-12-15 at 12.18.16 PM.png

Edited by onemanOSX

Thanks, the system seems to run a bit smoother than before, but i still can't get the system to sleep.

Every time i set it to sleep, the fans stop for a moment and the screen goes black.

After 2-3 seconds the fans start to spin again but the screen stays black und the system does not respond.

Rest button is not working so i have to manualy shut it down.

Any idea?

I attached the new runme files..

Best

forum

Send me mojaves-iMac.fritz.box.zip

Edited by forum

Thanks a lot for your help, but sleep is still not working. Same Problem as before..

It drives me crazy, trying to fix it now for days. :surprised::moil:

9 hours ago, forum said:

Every time i set it to sleep, the fans stop for a moment and the screen goes black.

After 2-3 seconds the fans start to spin again but the screen stays black und the system does not respond.

Rest button is not working so i have to manualy shut it down.

Thats my new summary:

I Added the line from your config.plist
<key>NoDynamicExtract</key>
<true/>

Not sure what the dynamic DSDT extraction should do..

DSDT relpaced

USBInjectAll.kext was added
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed for a working speedstep, testet with Intel Power Gadget and a power measure adapter. Sleep is not working with or without it.

NoVPAJpeg.kext was not added, because preview is working without problems. I do not think it will help with my sleep problem.

hi, all X79 can't wake from sleep since 10,12,6 or high Sierra.

My asrock X79 does the same, even if for myself it didn't wake up spontaneously as you, which is another problem that can be solved.

For all of us, out of sleep it seems that the GPU can't initialized. DSDT has done nothing to it, or finding a specific patch. It seems related to the cpu not having IGPU.

keep the faith or stay in Yosemite. For using high Sierra for half a year , I didn't find any enormous improvements, more over, FCPX is {censored} not usable anymore, too slow !!! 

A+

Edited by abds69
correction
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 4:22 AM, forum said:

Thanks a lot for your help, but sleep is still not working. Same Problem as before..

It drives me crazy, trying to fix it now for days. :surprised::moil:

Thats my new summary:

I Added the line from your config.plist
<key>NoDynamicExtract</key>
<true/>

Not sure what the dynamic DSDT extraction should do..

DSDT relpaced

USBInjectAll.kext was added
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed for a working speedstep, testet with Intel Power Gadget and a power measure adapter. Sleep is not working with or without it.

NoVPAJpeg.kext was not added, because preview is working without problems. I do not think it will help with my sleep problem.

Hello dude, i am trying to make an hackintosh with the X79 UP4 3930k and 1080ti but i get some problem to get the port 3.0 working : they are simply not detected in 2.0 or 3.0.

Is there a way that you share me your final EFI ? I am under 10.13.6.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...
On 1/9/2019 at 12:07 PM, triplekill111 said:

Hi, Mine sleep and wake works without problem in Sierra and HS. Got the same board with you as well X79-UP4, Xeon E5 2650v2, Quadro M4000.

Can you please post your EFI folder? I tried many x79 motherboards and wake from s3 always fails.