Linus sent me here!

iionas

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys and girls. 

So Ive stumbled upon this form randomly while looking for an answer in the deep dark corners of the interwebz.

Im really glad to have found this website and forum.

Little backstory

I moved Continents for the next couple of years and I sold my mac hardware as I needed a laptop for work (Acer Predator Helios 300 - i7-770HQ / 16gb ram / 1060GTX 6G and the rest of it)

Financially I cant spec out another mac so here Iam.

Need for a hackigtosh? I produce music and Have invested alot of money into programs over the years which are based in MacOSX / Logic X Pro / Logic Pro 9. 

I have tested VMWare Workstation with high sierra and Logic X with a project, unfortunately there is latency (This was tested on a hexacore machine and it was still average, not the same as using an actual machine).

So I have some Data from someone whom has previously done a hackingtosh on my type of laptop however I want to be a little different about my installation.

I have a spare SSD (500GB) and usb type c (10gbps bandwidth) and I Wanted to make an installation do that, So I basically run it off an external drive? (Is this possible and stable?)

Im reading through the forums and checking posts etc, any advice and direction from you guys Id love. Please be kind its my first post ever.

Also commendation to you guys this stuff is way more readable and understandable than other sources!

- iionas