[Solved] Acer Aspire 5750G Yosemite -> High Sierra update

rvi64

4 posts in this topic

I've been using Yosemite for a bit on my laptop and so apple decided to give me an update that is High Sierra, I've ran High Sierra Installer and chose the other partition in case something happens to not destroy my main Yosemite. Now when I load to continue installing High Sierra is loads to (see attached photo) and then restarts my laptop. Yosemite still works "fine".

My kexts:

10.13 & Other:
FakeSMC.kext            FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext    GenericUSBXHCI.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext        USBInjectAll.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext        VoodooPS2Controller.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

My drivers64UEFI:
DataHubDxe-64.efi    FSInject-64.efi        SMCHelper-64.efi    VBoxHfs-64.efi        apfs.efi

My config.plist:
http://ix.io/1upe

Clover version v2.4k_r4769

Specs:
Model: Acer Aspire 5750G P5WE0
CPU: Intel Core I3-2310M
RAM: 2G
SSD: 128G
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics Integrated, NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M (disabled in BIOS)
Ethernet: Broadcom (working with FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext)
Audio: Dolby HDA (Working with a specific VoodooHDA 2.8.7)

Problems on Yosemite:
Graphic glitches (lines) in Chrome after some intense work (overheating??).
Keyboard doesn't work in Yosemite (works in Clover), USB keyboard works fine, USB mouse too.
When I start Yosemite i put laptop to sleep, when it goes to complete sleep i wake it up and keyboard starts working, but screen becomes more dim (like 80-90%), still ok but i hope it is fixable.
I cannot control screen brightness at all, patched DSDT only helped me with battery indicator.

But the main problem is i want to update to High Sierra. What could I do?

IMG_20181125_165608.jpg

Edited by rvi64
remove yosemite problem

11 hours ago, Hervé said:

You should see it at Clover's main menu, to the left of your ex-Yosemite partition.

That is what im loading and then it goes to the (see screenshot) and laptop restarts, and then nothing happens.