Mojave on Virtualbox from El Capitan

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I have an El Capitan vm in Virtualbox. I want to upgrade to Mojave, but the installer never works on a vm, so I use virtual boot disks I make with Diskmaker X. What has worked for me before, making a boot disk out of the installer, creating a new vm, and modifying the virtualbox efi bios in the cmd so that it will boot, then booting from the install disk, is not working for Mojave. The installer boots fine, but after I select the disk and install, at about 75%, the vm reboots, and the new vdi does not have Mojave installed. How do I fix this? I am using these commands to modify the vm so it boots: 

VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Mojave" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 04100800 7fbae3ff bfebfbff

VBoxManage setextradata "Mojave" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "MacBookPro15,1"
VBoxManage setextradata "Mojave" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0"
VBoxManage setextradata "Mojave" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Mac-2BD1B31983FE1663"
VBoxManage setextradata "Mojave" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc"
VBoxManage setextradata "Mojave" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1

Thanks in advance,

yoyojoe