How do I know which kexts?

MeatloafSnipe

3 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to know which kexts are required and which I need for my hardware specifically

I've looked around quite a bit but can't find anything that matches the hardware names I've got

I created a bootable USB for El Cap via Pandoras Box with Clover installed as well

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300
Graphics: GTX 950
Audio: USB Audio CODEC

On 11/13/2018 at 11:52 PM, Andres ZeroCross said:

AMD Processor still has limited for macOS Version. You must get experienced in intel chipset first. Try to install macOS with supported chipset, GPU, IGPU, and other device. After get experience try it with AMD chipset

Despite your advice on essentially giving up on installing Mac OS on my computer, I did anyways.

All I needed to know was that the https://amd-osx.com installers have all the required kexts to boot. For audio, Voodoo works with any HDA, and that I needed my Ethernet device name under Device Manager in windows. Lastly that for nvidia I simply needed the nvidia web drivers. All easily installed via Kext Helper b7.

You were so much help and I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your wise advice.