asus z97 usb 3.1 892 audio

fuzzylogic

27 posts in this topic

Hi Thanks for . your reply

adding the above to the boot arg made all speakers and inputs disappear, i did try with different layout id but did not produce a result.

When it dissapear, upload your ioreg output. There is no problem reporting files here, so how can i know you do it correctly???

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Thought you  was going to offer a solution, since you question where is the layout id number it is in clover see below, I would however appreciate a possible answer, if you cannot provide an answer I will ask Mirone, who put the dst.aml and files together for me.

692496541_Screenshot2018-11-15at20_34_53.thumb.png.632fd2011a82fc7ed715af6bed899c56.png

Thought you  was going to offer a solution, since you question where is the layout id number it is in clover see below, I would however appreciate a possible answer, if you cannot provide an answer I will ask Mirone, who put the dst.aml and files together for me.
692496541_Screenshot2018-11-15at20_34_53.thumb.png.632fd2011a82fc7ed715af6bed899c56.png
So you don't know how to make audio working. Did you really know how to set layout id with AppleALC.kext???

You ioreg show alc-layout-id=7 and layoutid=7. You said you set layout-id=1. So, Did you understand?? You have wrong configuration, and must learn how to set alc-layout-id. If you ask mirone or toleda. Then you will get same answer. It's not about your clover or ssdt, all your configuration is shown in your Ioreg. Got it???

So you don't know how to make audio working. Did you really know how to set layout id with AppleALC.kext???

You ioreg show alc-layout-id=7 and layoutid=7. You said you set layout-id=1. So, Did you understand?? You have wrong configuration, and must learn how to set alc-layout-id. If you ask mirone or toleda. Then you will get same answer. It's not about your clover or ssdt, all your configuration is shown in your Ioreg. Got it???

You must provide Ioreg output with ioregistry explorer.app and upload your clover folder if you need for help. Not just useless txt output of ioreg.

9 hours ago, osxone said:

At sixty years of age I dont think I am doing too bad, I have sound and its great out of four chanels, in the diagram below 3 and 4 are the only ones not working

Screenshot 2018-11-15 at 22.58.52.png

osxone’s iMac.ioreg

Why you still persist??? Did you see???? your alc-layout-id=7. Just try change it to 1 or another layout. just make configuration for HDEF from SSDT for better result
image.png.12e41bae28e2358e0f3437c7c8def960.png

I post in this forum for help and you offer nothing but abuse towards me, time I think to conclude that you do not have a solution and just wasting my time. Please do not insult other people who are still in the process of learning.

This thread is now closed and I will seek answers from more civilized users.

osxone

I post in this forum for help and you offer nothing but abuse towards me, time I think to conclude that you do not have a solution and just wasting my time. Please do not insult other people who are still in the process of learning.
This thread is now closed and I will seek answers from more civilized users.
osxone
So still like a stubborn ones,

Did your read to upload your clover folder and ioreg output. Did you can read???

Mirone could not solve the issue because most of the sound output and input works it is something to do with the pin tables and in his words would require alot of editing to try and resolve the issue, I have four chanels and microphone and line Mirone said " the problem is not in DSDT, u need edit AppleHDA . I did upload my ioreg output

untitled folder.zip

34 minutes ago, osxone said:

Mirone could not solve the issue because most of the sound output and input works it is something to do with the pin tables and in his words would require alot of editing to try and resolve the issue, I have four chanels and microphone and line Mirone said " the problem is not in DSDT, u need edit AppleHDA . I did upload my ioreg output

untitled folder.zip

According to AppleALC.kext's resource at github (https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/tree/master/Resources/ALC892)  then you can use layout=1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 15, 28, 31, 92 and 99. Try each layout and report for each result.

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Mirone said " osxone, the problem is not in DSDT, u need edit AppleHDA, follow tutorial above, prepare urself, is hard",  I do not know how to edit AppleHDA as Mirone suggests. I do not possess the knowledge to edit AppleHDA. I am sure if it was just the case of changing  the layout id then he would have suggested it, I will try and understand how to edit applehda 

Mirone said " osxone, the problem is not in DSDT, u need edit AppleHDA, follow tutorial above, prepare urself, is hard",  I do not know how to edit AppleHDA as Mirone suggests. I do not possess the knowledge to edit AppleHDA. I am sure if it was just the case of changing  the layout id then he would have suggested it, I will try and understand how to edit applehda 
Why did you still stubborn???? You don't know anything about applehda but still stubborn.

Mirone said is about 'layoutid=1" when you use layoutid=1. LayoutID=1 is toleda's works not mirone works. And mirone suggestions is ablut layout=1 when you use it.

First you must try all layout id for your codec inside applealc.kext, it will give different result. And if don't get best ones, then dump your codec data from linux.

If you still stubborn, you won't got anything. Keep away your stubborn head

43 minutes ago, osxone said:

I am sure if it was just the case of changing  the layout id then he would have suggested it, I will try and understand how to edit applehda 

It's up to you,, you don't say apologize and thanks to me about your statement and stubborn above yet.

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Hey, I am an old Mule, changing the layout id in clover is no big deal, I havent solved the problem because soon as I restore the dst file and folders it will go back to id 7

anyway old Mule say apologise ok Layout id 92 produce richer sound very good .693664078_Screenshot2018-11-18at15_03_10.png.bf2a376b4d4c22d8fcaa39fd1f25472b.png

635054409_Screenshot2018-11-18at15_01_43.png.ac61f98845020687a7128a4bf4549121.png

now question is stubborn Mule not what to do once dst file is restored and it goes back to 7 when i need it to be layout id 92 

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 14.38.49.png

5 minutes ago, osxone said:

Hey, I am an old Mule, changing the layout id in clover is no big deal, I havent solved the problem because soon as I restore the dst file and folders it will go back to id 7

anyway old Mule say apologise ok Layout id 92 produce richer sound very good .693664078_Screenshot2018-11-18at15_03_10.png.bf2a376b4d4c22d8fcaa39fd1f25472b.png

635054409_Screenshot2018-11-18at15_01_43.png.ac61f98845020687a7128a4bf4549121.png

now question is stubborn Mule not what to do once dst file is restored and it goes back to 7 when i need it to be layout id 92 

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 14.38.49.png

Then Old Mule should upload "patched folder" here, and i will show you the problem

6 minutes ago, osxone said:

Then this is your problem,,, there is _DSM method in HDEF Device

You must change 

Return (Package (0x10)
                {
                    "AAPL,slot-name", 
                    "Built In", 
                    "name", 
                    "Audio Controller", 
                    "model", 
                    Buffer (0x27)
                    {