Mac OS High Sierra Kext not being installed.

hzolo

1 post in this topic

So I just installed the mac OS High Sierra, from Hackintosh Zone, however there are a few things that are missing here.

For starters, there is no ethernet kext installed, so I cannot have any ethernet conections which makes  it quite a hassle, but also when I tried to install rehabman;s battery indicator Kext through the kext utility app, it showed that the kext has been installed, but after multiple reboots, I still cannot see the battery icon on my top bar. Nor can I see a place form when I can turn to show it on, which leads me to beleive that the kext wasn't installed properly.

Update: So after a while when I tried charging my laptop, I am now able to see the battery icon, however all it shows is 0% battery and not the actual battery percentage! AllI can see is 0% battery regardless of me plugging it on charging or not! and an indication of charging!

My Laptop Specs and details are here:

Processor :  Intel i7-6700HQ

Graphics Card: GTX 960M(Disabled from bios when booting Mac)

Ethernet Adaptor: Realtek (That's all I know from system info)

Wifi Card: Intel Ac-8260

Laptop Name: Lenovo IdeaPad Y700-15ISK 

Can I also have suggestions on which kext to install for ethernet as the only realtek one I found was this, but it has some weird Dson files and all which I have no idea how to install!:

Note: I tried running ##### but even that would be like Installion was cancelled and then say look and install.log, which I can't find where it is located.

Edited by hzolo