10.13.6 VM (VirtualBox 5.2.20) USB 3.0 devices not seen

3 posts in this topic

So I got a VM with a working installation of High Sierra, but I really need to transfer at USB 3.0 speed as the purpose of the VM is to transcode HD and 4k files to Prores. I have a common problem: USB 3.0 devices plugged into a USB 3.0 port are not seen by OSX. USB 2.0 devices work well. I'm not sure how to tackle this problem on a virtual machine as all the solutions I have found were for native hacks. As of now, I have installed USBInjectAll.kext (Clover/kexts/Other) and patched AppleUSBXHCI. Still, no USB 3.0 devices.

Any chance someone might have a solution for that?

Thanks!

Update: My Clover config was set to InjectKext=No. I set it to Yes and now, I can see the drives in System Information and the Bus is listed at 5Gbps instead of 480Mbps. The drives are still not detected by Disk Utility and they still don't mount. But I feel like I'm getting closer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still booting the VM with Clover. In VBox, USB 3.0 is basically just a checkbox. The fact that MacOS sees the devices in System Information accurately tells me they are being transfered to the VM appropriately. I just need to figure out how to get them to mount.