Audio or USB problem?

WashingtonMatt

2 posts in this topic

I've got High Sierra 10.13.6 running in an unRAID (KVM) virtual machine. Short of the learning curve, install was trouble free and seems to run great with the exception of audio. I've passed through a dedicated PCIe USB card which works fine with the keyboard and mouse. If I plug in the Sabrent USB audio adapter or Logitech headset, the devices are detected and available for use, but the instant any audio is triggered the VM freezes. I have to reboot the server to get the PCIe USB working again.

So at this point I'm really unsure if I'm chasing an audio problem or a USB problem. Much appreciated if someone can help get me pointed in the right direction.

Install was a vanilla clover install. 

specs 

I7-8700, Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, RX560, 10.13.6 unRAID VM, 8GB, ASMedia ASM1142 PCIe USB, Sabrent AU-EMAC USB audio. Cover v2.4k_r4658

• 2 months later...

This issue is resolved. I purchased this Inateck KT4006 USB PCI card which uses the fresco logic fl1100 chip, and everything works now in High Sierra and Mojave. Works out of box. No additional kexts needed. Shuts down, and restarts successfully without error. It's also PCIe 1x so it frees up a precious x16 slot so I can install a 4th GPU :) .