Find error message after install boot from partition

Captain N.

1 post in this topic

Hi All!

I followed a guide for Clover, and got the installer to boot from USB on my My computer: Lenovo Yoga 730 - 15IKB with 4K and nVidia GTX 1050, Intel Core i7-8550U 1.8GHz - Coffee Lake-U/Y. I installed onto an HFS+ drive, which seems to get converted to APFS - the install seems to go fine from USB. When I restart, to finish the install, the drive shows in Clover (from the USB) with 2 recovery partitions (one is called Apple Recovery, the other is called Apple Recovery HD). I start to boot from the "macos" drive (which is what I named it), to try and finish the installation- this is as far as I get. I tried various options, including safe mode and verbose mode (and tried a dummy platform-id in case the graphics couldn't load - I'm using whatevergreen, and it works well enough to get to the USB installer), but I can't see the part where it fails. In verbose mode, it starts out with text output, but then switches to the apple with a bar mode, gets to where it says "12 minutes remaining" and stalls there (and restarts if I don't set the don't restart on panic option).

So the question is, is there a place to look and see a log file? On the "macos" drive (mounted with paragon's apfs windows software), I see only a folder named "macOS Install Data". In there is a log file called "ia.log" (attached if that's useful) - but I'm unable to make any sense of it. Is that the right file to look at?

Thanks for any help!

Kevin N.

ia.log

Edited by Captain N.