WiFi of DW1560 notworking on Thinkpad T440 (but BT works)

Soeryobadja

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I had a problem with my hackintosh installation and would like to have some advise or pointer from respective member of this forum.

I had hackintosh High Sierra using Thinkpad T440 with DW1560 cards installed. First time having High Sierra (HS) installation, the WiFi works and can connect using available kexts, but BT is not detected under USB port. 

I then buy new card, where at that time WiFi and BT detected, but the laptop keeps rebooting and starting up (cannot turn off). At one point, the laptop successfully turn off, but the next time I turn on, the WiFi dissapear from the system, but BT still available. At his point, WiFi is not present in PCI stack, but BT is present in USB stack of HS.

Reverting back to stock Intel combo card and Windows system, WiFi and BT works without problem.

Purchased third card DW1560, and WiFi still not present and BT works.

By having WF and BT works on the 2nd instance, we can safely conclude that my HS and kext installation are all correct. 

Check the BIOS with intention to reflash the BIOS using CH341a programmer and SOIC 8-pin, but the programmer says cannot detect chip (but already connected to USB programmer). Readjusting the SOIC, unplug-plug the USB programmer, manually selecting chip type, auto detect chip, all fails to detect the chip. However, the BIOS still works and the laptop still boot to run HS ul until now.

Is this a BIOS issue? Thinking to replace the BIOS chip with a new blank chip and flash modded BIOS to remove whitelist, will this resolve the issue? Any other possible component that causing this problem?

Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you.