wificardgeek

Can I replace my laptop wifi card?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, My name is Belle Bowler. 3 years ago I bought an ASUS laptop. Now, I'm facing some issues with the wifi card and also it's frequency is very law. So, I think to replace my laptop wifi card. Can you please suggest me which wireless AC card is best suited for my laptop.

Edited by wificardgeek
Link has been removed

Advertisement

You could have a look here and choose according to the type of slot/card format you have (mini PCIe vs. NGFF/M.2). In terms of ac cards, you'll want to favour those BCM4360_based cards that work OOB (AW-160H, DW1830, etc.) but those that require a DSDT injection of kext patch work fine too (based on BCM4352).

If your laptop can physically take them, you may want to consider a real Apple card as fitted to Aple Macs. Due to the propeietary format, they need an adapter board but they work OOB (obviously!) and performance is superb. I can vouch for these and fitted a BCM94360CD to all my recent Hacks.

Edited by Hervé

There are many efficient wireless AC cards are available in the market. For example, Bplus Intel Network 7260HMWG Wifi Card, Intel 3160 Dual Band Wireless AC + Bluetooth Mini PCIe card etc.

On 9/26/2018 at 5:02 AM, tom brown said:

There are many efficient wireless AC cards are available in the market. For example, Bplus Intel Network 7260HMWG Wifi Card, Intel 3160 Dual Band Wireless AC + Bluetooth Mini PCIe card etc.

I have Intel 3160 Dual Band Wireless AC + Bluetooth Mini PCIe card in my Dell 15 Inspiron 5547. But, neither WiFi nor Bluetooth is working. Please help.

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 11.21.01 AM.png