Gigabyte z270 Gaming 7 - About to start new hackintosh

17 posts in this topic

Last year I tried on Sierra and eventually gave up after too many issues. I'm now back a year older (although I forgot most of the terminology) and an ssd richer so I decided to give it a go again.

My specs: 

I7 7700K

Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 7

Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz 

Gigabyte GTX 1080 

As of right now all I have done is put OSX installer and clover on a USB, setup my BIOS for osx and then left the house. When I return I plan to try to install clover to the SSD and set it all up.

I remember having to use verbose and boot arcs to enter the PC does anyone know which ones I will have to use.

Also I've compiled all these kexts that I think I need: NvidiaGraphicsFixUp Lilu IntelMausiEthernet FakeSMC USBInjectAll XCHI-200-series-injector VoodooHDA NullCPUPowerManagement Shiki

My question is am I missing anything? I remember DSDT but I can't remember what they do. Does it replace the need for kexts or is in an extra on top of kexts? Do I need a DSDT and if so are there any available for my config?

PS: I have not configured my config.plist

I'm using clover configurator is there anything I need to change from default for my setup?

Thank you!

44 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

Is this the same as the one found on your forum post because I just tried using that and I was able to boot ( despite taking about 3 mins on SSD ). I then installed clover onto the ssd and put your efi over again and I got a kernel panic - It still works from the USB though. 

Also I installed Nvidia Cuda and Web Drivers and when first booting it froze see attachment but then it has been fine since restart. 

Edit: just tried booting from USB again and it booted but I'm stuck in the login screen as the keyboard isn't working and I can't enter a password. - It worked in clover screen

Edit 2: Randomly started working again after 3 restarts???:worried_anim:

Edit 3: Something mustve gone wrong when copying the usb EFI to ssd because I re-did it and it is working now!

I guess all that's left is to figure out what kexts I need and what is / isn't working.

IMG_20180722_201928.jpg

IMG_20180722_205848.jpg

Edited by CarbonUK

So I've been using it a bit, installing apps and it seems to be stable! However there is no sound, I haven't tested sleep ect and the boots are still sluggish. Here is the EFI I am using if anyone can help

EFI.zip

Edited by CarbonUK

Ahh my windows install is now broken I won't boot into Windows boot managerIMG_20180723_130132.thumb.jpg.5b66827c04d357edb6d84d4d24270e3a.jpg. I'm clueless as to what is going on. In bios it shows my crucial ssd (windows one) to be bootable from Windows boot manager and ufei os and clover loads off of it. I didn't even think this was possible since I can write to the drive in mac.

Edit: In clover it says it cant write to the crucial drive (M.2 SSD Drive) but ive ended up with clover installation? 

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 13.11.43.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 13.12.37.png

Edit 2: The EFI had indeed been installed on the M.2 SSD somehow. To solve i had to use a recovery usb, open up command prompt and use 'bootrec /Rebuildbcd' then use the repair this PC function. After that I gained access to windows. I then deleted the entire EFI partition and repeated the recovery again. The clover EFI is now gone and all is good (clover is still on the MacOS SSD)

Edited by CarbonUK

58 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

replace in clover/acpi/patched and inject layout-ids via clover, device tab

DSDT.aml.zip

No noticeable change unfortunately. All of the sound options have now disappeared.  Also on about 1/2 of the boots my keyboard doesn't work at the login screen. A restart or two usually fixes this and then i can login.339479162_ScreenShot2018-07-24at18_33_53.png.028b3cad03293f4ba57d369ad654f9f2.png

CLOVER.zip

Edited by CarbonUK