Using VGA on GT730 4GB El Capitan

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

another day... another Problem.

So i jus got an used Nvidia GT730 4GB DDR5. I installed the Webdriver of nvidia in Version ...15F14 HDMI & DVI works fine with my monitors. But now the Problem ^^I have 3 Monitors. And  want to have all three visible. Since now i only the the DVI and HDMI Port, VGA Port doesn´t send signals to monitor.

Quesion: What can i do to have signal on all three monitors by all three signal lines? HDMI-HDMI, GVI-DVI, VGA-VGA

I read that OSX doesn´t support VGA since OS 10.8. Maybe anyone has some tips to change that..

Thanks guys

On 6/4/2018 at 1:07 AM, Hervé said:

Not all GT730 support 3 x concurrent displays. nVidia do stipulate that DDR5 models should but it really depends on the manufacturer's specs/implementation and I have read of people complaining they could only run 2 x displays off a GT730 DDR5, not 3 as expected.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-730/specifications

Try triple displays with a non-OS X/macOS system to begin with if you can.

Hi, thanks for your answer. I can´t try the card in windows or Linux, becaus i haven´t. I saw a youtube video with a guy who insert the original Radeon XT to a 4x PCIe Port and same graphics i use in first 16x PCIe Port. Now i am in trouble with another problem. If i go to fullscreen on one of the both monitors which are plugged in the Nvidia GT730 4GB the Mac crashes or freezes. Hell yeah, i crashed a mac....

The webdrivers of nvidia are actual and i can´t update. Can it be that the GT730 together with the Radeon XT2600 are sucking to much power? The XT Picture always fine, i didn´t try to make a fullscreen vid on it... Will test it after rendering my video... To much work...

Have you any idea for that?

Also i don´t know if i have a MP3.1 oder 2.1 ... In "About Mac" is placed "Early 2008" and in profiler also MP3.1 takes place. But i have the MP Version with 2 RAM DIMM Risers... This Version i only can find under 2.1..