• CPU i7 8750H Code Lake
  • Chipset: HM370
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 + Intel Graphics
  • Wifi: Intel Wireless-AC 9560
  • Bluetooth: HCI 9.256 / LMP 9.256
  • Camera: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam
  • Audio/Mic: Realtek HD Audio ALC668
  • Keyboard & Trackpad - ELAN/SA473I-12A4

I've installed High Sierra without issues and thought that the job was done, but then learned more about the joy of dealing with Kext files and DSDT patches.

So far I got:

• Bluetooth, working natively
  • Keyboard, working natively
  • M2 Hard disk, working natively (read-only)
  • USBs, working natively
  • Thunderbolt 3, working natively (I think)
  • Camera, working natively (but with a few glitches)
  • Graphics, Nvidia Web Driver installed and running + NvidiaGraphicsFix.kext, but can see some glitches and is quite slow. Also on system info it's listed as 8MB instead of 8GB.
  • Battery Manager, working after using the DSDT Patch for Asus N55SL/Vivobook from RehabMan's repository
  • Fn Keys, working after AsusNBFnKeys.kext
  • Shutdown/Restart, working after DSDT Patch Shutdown Fix from RehabMan's repository ; although I can see that it sometimes doesn't work as expected.

I haven't started working on:

• Brightness control
  • Disabling discrete graphics - would be better to have the Intel Graphics running instead of the * NVIDIA GPU due to power consumption

I'm still struggling to get:

• Audio/Mic (Realtek HD Audio ALC668), I've tried the VoodooHDA-2.9.0 driver without luck and then a patched AppleHDA from https://github.com/insanelydeepak/Patched-AppleHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12 but none worked.
  • Trackpad (ELAN/SA473I-12A4), I've tried to use VoodooI2C with the satellite kext VoodooI2CHID and VoodooI2CELan, but none of then worked, have also applied the GPIO and Windows 10 patches via DSDT. Also tried the VoodooPS2Controller with the Daemon as per instructions, but also without much luck.
  • Wi-fi (Intel Wireless-AC 9560), I saw everywhere that Intel isn't compatible with MacOs. Is this still the case? If yes, I'll buy a compatible USB adapter.
  • Sleep

Also, one question, is it possible to have more than one DSDT patch loaded during boot or do I always need to compile a DSDT file with all the patches that I want?

IOReg, Plist, Kexts and DSDT patches are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rv6gzkd4jc48vru/ZephyrusM.zip?dl=0

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Thanks for that!

I've used these files and:

- the Nvidia GPU is working perfectly now

- Shutdown/Restart has changed, instead of shutting down or restarting, it's closing the OS and leaving the laptop on - previously they would both restart and load Windows.

I haven't noticed any changes on Sleep and Trackpad. Were the files supposed to improve that?

Also, the battery was working fine before and now it shows as 0% when unplugged.

For the Wi-fi, I bought a wireless USB adapter that works without any issues.

Updated RunMe here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tut3ep13bexpkfy/Send me Daniels-iMacv2.zip?dl=0

Hi MaLd0n, do you know how to solve the Audio and Trackpad issues? Been doing a lot of research about ALC668 and ELAN in the last days and didn't have much luck with the solutions that I could find.

On the Audio, the furthest I got was to run Speakers with VoodooHDA, but Headphones didn't work. No luck at all with the Trackpad :(

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi MaLd0n, it has been a while, but I didn't have the chance to review this in the last months. I'm back to it and keen to make it work so really appreciate your help!

I'm still struggling to get the Audio (ALC668) and the Trackpad (ELAN) to work...

For the Audio I've tried the MironeHDA Patcher, I've tried the AppleALC and also tried VoodooHDA... I followed all the guides I could find, but I think I'm missing something since I can't make it work.

Same for the Trackpad, tried the VoodooI2C guides, but can't make it to work.

As it's a new laptop, there isn't much documentation about the exact solutions :(

See dump from RunMe and Clover folder here: http://ge.tt/3ynUYwq2

Many thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi MaLd0n, it has been a while, but I didn't have the chance to review this in the last months. I'm back to it and keen to make it work so really appreciate your help!

I'm still struggling to get the Audio (ALC668) and the Trackpad (ELAN) to work...

For the Audio I've tried the MironeHDA Patcher, I've tried the AppleALC and also tried VoodooHDA... I followed all the guides I could find, but I think I'm missing something since I can't make it work.

Same for the Trackpad, tried the VoodooI2C guides, but can't make it to work.

As it's a new laptop, there isn't much documentation about the exact solutions

See dump from RunMe and Clover folder here: http://ge.tt/3ynUYwq2

Many thanks!
You need to use device-id of SKYLAKE's HDEF to activate the AUDIO

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk