corrupt user profile osx high sierra

MR66

2 posts in this topic

Hi Mac Folks! After the latest update to osx high sierra my user profile is corrupt. I have done everything to fix it, but nothing has worked and it won't open any applications, freezes up, is incredibly slow, etc.... I created a new admin user account, logged in and it runs like a dream! BUT**** how do I essentially clone the corrupted user profile to the new one? I need all my photos, safari bookmarks/passwords, itunes, documents, etc.... I am at a complete loss and would greatly appreciate your assistance as a newbie to this forum. Thank you!

I have had the same, actually on two machines, but already earlier, before this latest 13.4 update.

On one of the machines, all of a sudden, we couldn't open Photos.app anymore, on the second it involved mail.app up to FaceTime and iMessage.

I was looking at the permissions within the user folder, but couldn't identify anything specific. However, what I noticed was that some sym-links seemed to go to nowhere, their corresponding counter part was simply missing. Maybe this is something you may want to check also, if this is also happening in your case?

I ended up moving everything into a new profile, but would would be interested to solve (or at least understand) this after all. 

Edited by sailor25462