Just a little help

3 posts in this topic

I have a dell inspiron 5150 with a true mobile 1350 wireless card ((NOT WORKING)):)

I'm running OSX x86 10.4.5 Fresh install.

The problem I have is I think I have read way to much so now I'm lost.I got way to much info and my brain is fried.I have about 50 bookmarks.One says do it this way and the other says do it that way.Any help please.

I would like to thank everybody for not helping.It just made me look harder.i now have a dell 5150 with wireless. Truemobile 1350 working.To all the NOOBS out there that will try this.This is how I did it.

Find this file IO80211Family.kext.Put it in here /System/Library/Extensions.It will say cannot copy it will need to be authenticated.Put in your password and then open up a terminal and add these lines of code.

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext (Hit enter).Now add this line

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext (Hit enter)

Now it should say could not load or some form of error. We now need to fix the error.Close all windows and click on finder.Go down to services.Then to Disk utility.Then to Calculate image checksum (CRC-32).Click on your drive and then verify Disk Permissions then when done.Repair disk permissions. Now reboot That should do it.I should say this is what worked for me