Unstable system / How do I trace a crash reason? / High Sierra / Hackintosh

Janiporo

1 post in this topic

System details:
MB: ASUSTEK P7P55D / CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 860 / GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 (Latest web driver) / OS: High Sierra 10.13.4

My system is very unstable, can use it about 2-4 hours at a time, and then it crashes. Sometimes it just freezes and I have to reset computer from reset-button, and sometimes it powers off suddenly compeletetly (and most of times, when suddenly powering off, then it locks ethernet, until I take power out of PSU)

I have Downloaded DSDT from https://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database/, for correct bios version, and it is in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml It is unedited and unpatched by me, since I do not know how to do it.

(Clover configurator) config.plist is downloaded from the internet somewhere, it is for this same MB. I edited of course the correct SMBIOS (system indication) settings, and NvidiaWeb-option in system parameters, and some other, conserning GPU.

Sleep mode is not working, but I can live with that.

Can someone tell me where can I find the correct log, to find crash reason? Or if I do have to activate logging of some kind, please advise.

Also I am interested about how to see the output of booting in verbose (-v) mode, is it somewhere in file, so I can see is there any problems?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I could not find any matches in search.

Edited by Janiporo