HELP: 10.13.4 update now can’t boot

7 posts in this topic

I attempted to update my 100% functioning hackintosh to 10.13.4 today and now I am dead in the water. I get an “Attempting system restart... MACH Reboot” error when I try to boot to the OS drive and it hangs at gIOScreenLockState when I try to boot into recovery. Only using onboard graphics and can’t find any helpful info when searching for a fix. Since I can’t get to the desktop, I need a fix from the clover boot screen

Did you figure a fix? I'm having the same problem. I had to restore back to 10.13.3, since my 10.13.4 updated Mac just started up to a log-screen saying that some error happened, and you are presented with four buttons, where as two of them are 'shut down' and 'restart'. The two other I believe was related to reinstalling or something of the other.

Did you figure out what caused this, and how did you fix it?

Guest ricoc90
On 31-3-2018 at 2:41 AM, hightower4586 said:

I just wanted to say thank you for the overwhelming amount of helpful replies I received with this issue, very helpful forum!:angry:

Btw, I found and fixed the issue, which is related to the 10.13.4 update.

You can't expect that people will help you with the bare amount of information you were giving. We're not psychics.
You did not provide system specs, only after I asked. You did not tell how you updated, you did not tell what kexts you were using, you did not share your config. 

Why should we beg you for information when you're the one asking for help?
And even now that you fixed it, you don't share your findings. Dude...

Edited by ricoc90