High SIerra 10.13.3 update / graphic card and usb 3.0 problems

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been an average hack user since I have managed to make three hacks ( Snow Leopard, EL Capitan and now High Sierra) until now successfully but now i have a problem.

Since throughout my years i have found many answer right here on this forum, this is my first time posting here and i hope that some of you Hack Gurus will have some time to help me out.

My config is  Asus P6T Deluxe V2, 2.68Ghz Intel  i7 920, 12gbRam (DDR3 1600 Mhz), Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB currently running High Sierra 10.13.3 ( build 17D47) installed with Clover 4411 ( legacy BIOS install and boot).

Problems i Have>

1. I have PCI USB 3.0 card and managed to get it working but speed is just a bit faster than USB 2.0 from the mobo ( mobo does not have USB 2.0), therefore using PCI card which worked fine until El Capitan but not now on this High Sierra update). Also sometimes USB mouse or keyboard now gives problems like disconnecting randomly

Is there a way to fix it?

2. Recently bought this GTX 1060 6gb graphic card and installed High Sierra through appstore ( from El Capitan) since i have realized there are no drivers for this card on El Capitan OR at all before Sierra 10.12.4  and then i decided to go for High Sierra, but little did i know that there is a driver problem with Nvidia on this 10.13.3 update...

So i have tried rolling back the driver with various methods (  found here and elsewhere online - like  patchers   Webdriver All Versions ( German hackintosh forum) ,  NvidiaPatcherHS.command,etc......) with various drivers...

For now i am using combination of driver  387.10.10.10.104  patched with NvidiaPatcherHS.command but system still feels a bit laggy and every now and then i get  Rainbow Waiting Circle spinning for few ( or sometimes more) seconds....

Is there a better way or combination for me to fix this before Nvidia  hopefully releases fixed drivers for 10.13.3 ?

3. Since i updated , appstore keeps giving me  option to download new supplemental update (..."fixes an issue where certain character sequences could cause apps to crash" text in appstore describing this update) - I am not sure if that is the one from 18Feb2018....

Anyway, I have installed this update at least a dozen times up to now because it always keeps resetting itself and offers to download and restart again, again and again...

At the same time, during/because of  this process  the macOS Install Data folder created itself in root High Sierra directory and now i always have Clover bootloader giving me option to boot from MAcOS High Sierra Install or MacOs High Sierra - i have tried removing this folder but update popped up again and if i download it and restart, it created this folder again... And i don't like to have MACOS Install boot option in Clover because it is always first selected and i can not have automatic login to High Sierra, but have to do it manually because of this Installer option...

Is there a way to do something about these issues?

In attachment are> from Clover folder my config.plist, from Clover/ACPI/patched is my DSDT ( found somewhere as being DSDT for my type of board since i do not know how to edit it)  and Clover/kexts/Other folder from my EFI partition.

Thank you for your help

HS_EFI.zip