HIS ICEQ X 7850 GPU black screen

Frankie

2 posts in this topic

I've finished installing macos high sierra for work. my audio and wifi works. but for some reason my graphics card is being difficult.

I've done the steps below found at https://hackintosher.com/guides/hackintosh-amd-graphics-cards-sierra-10-12-6/

i have my HDMI plugged in, im getting no signal at all the monitor is in sleep mode.

whengo to system report and click on PCI it doesnt see my card at all.

I have MSI z170A MOBO and CPU: i7 6700k 4.0

i read the radeon cards are supposed to be natively supported but I suppose that isn't that case. any help would be greatly appreciated.

i tried to attach my EFI folder in zip form but it kept failing so here is just my config.plist.

AMD Hackintosh Steps:

Once done updating to macOS 10.12.6 or later you can follow the steps below.

Note: If you are using anything higher than a 1080p display you will to use Display Port for your output to display at 60hz. If you’re display doesn’t have a Display Port input you can use an adapter: Best Hackintosh 4k HDMI to Display Port (DP) adapter

Step 1. Mount EFI Partition
  1. Download Clover Configurator
  2. Open Clover Configurator
  3. Select Mount EFI under TOOLS
  4. Click Mount Partition for Install macOS….
  5. Click Open Partition (This is your EFI Folder)
Step 2. Verify EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

Some motherboards such as those by Gigabyte and ASROCK will require EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for NVRAM detection, without it you wont get hardware acceleration on your AMD card.

• Verify file EmuVariableUefi-64.efi exits in location /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI of your mounted partition.

If it’s not there add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi:

1. Open Clover Configurator
  2. Mount your EFI Partition
  3. Open config.plist using Clover Configurator
  4. Click Install Drivers on left column of Clover Configurator
  5. Click EmuVariableUefi in bottom left box.
  6. Verify EmuVariableUefi-64.efi exists in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/
Step 3. Enabling AMD Cards
  1. Download latest release version of Lilu.kext
  2. Download latest release version of WhateverGreen.kext
  3. Unzip both RELEASE.zip downloads
  4. Copy Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext from their respective RELEASE folders
  5. Place them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other of your mounted EFI partition
Step 4. BIOS Settings
  1. Restart your computer
  2. Enter BIOS
  3. Verify that integrated graphics is disabled (if you can disable it)
  4. Verify that GPU is set to PEG/PCIe priority (This is super important as leaving it on Auto will cause performance issues)
  5. Save & Exit
  6. Boot your hackintosh

config.plist

I managed to get my card to work, at least until it gets passed the booting phase.

After which the screen goes black again, but this time my monitor doesnt go into sleep mode. I managed to snap a picture of the text that flies by before it black screens.

Ive tried putting graphicsenabler=no or yes and neither changed anything.

29339862_10210272111273366_2134880680650211328_n.jpg