Chrome crashes system instantly

h4nk3y

20 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I have a pretty stable build, where everything works fine. Graphics are working as exptected as well.

The only problem I have is Chrome. Everytime I start it up, the system freezes after 3-7 seconds and reboots instantly. I tried different version of Chrome and Chromium.

There are no Kernel Panic reports, so I was checking for crash reports of other apps, and found either "VTDecoderXPCService" or sometimes "mds" crashing. Reading the crash reports it looks like there are some problems with the GPU. So I was checking my graphics settings, trying Nvidia Web Drivers or OS X Default Graphics Driver, starting chrome with all GPU Hardware Acceleration disabled, but had no luck.

I'm using latest Clover, running as legacy, with 13,2 iMac SMBIOS with latest kexts.

Does anyone have an idea how to debug it further or maybe what do?

VTDecoderXPCService_2018-02-24-141205.txt

mds_2018-02-24-150738.memory_resource.txt

config.plist.txt

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/21/2019 at 10:27 PM, KhalDrogoSings said:

If anyone ever faces anything similar, my issue was with USB 3.0 ports. If I have a USB 3.0 device connected to a USB 3.0 port, as soon as Chrome runs the system crashes. Hope it can be useful to some.

That is exactly the issue. But I did many things as explained in forums using Clover or plist files and kext files, however no success. Whenever I connect my USB 3.0 external drive to Asmedia pci exspress card and open Chrome afterwards, system restarts in 5 sec. Does anyone know any work around for this? It would be well appreciated since I want to use my HDD faster. 

Best Regards

Asus P6T SE

i7 920

El Capitan 10.11.6