El Capitan on Chuwi Hi10 Pro

naquaada

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm actually trying to test OSx86 on a Chuwi Hi10 Pro tablet. It has an Intel Atom Z8300 with Cherry Trail Graphics. I know it isn't supported very well, but this won't matter actually. I've found different Intel Atom kernels, that'll be enough for testing.

But the USB stick isn't even booting. I created it on an 11 GB GPT partition for the installer and additional files, a second partition of 20 GB is for the OS. Clover 3423 is installed in EFI. I can select the partition in the boot menu, but then I just have a black screen, not even a blinking cursor. The only item blinking is the power LED. I've tried booting from USB 2.0 and USB-C, no difference. On my Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H I can boot in UEFI and run the installer, but on the tablet nothing happens. Any idea?

Unfortunately, I don't have experience with UEFI and GPT at all, my systems are mostly older, so I'm using on all Legacy BIOS and MBR. So I could need some help even at the basics with UEFI. The UEFI should be 64bit because the drivers are only available for Windows 10 64bit, Windows 7 and probably Windows 8 won't install at all. The AptioV BIOS has lots of options, which makes configuring not easier. But it has no Legacy mode :-/

Greets, naquaada.

Here is a complete list of the device ID's:

Chuwi Hi10 Pro Atom x5-Z8300
Microcode Patch: 35f

Media Devices:

Intel SSD Audio Device
Ven: 8086 Dev: 22A8

Realtek I2S Audio Codec
Dev: 10EC Dev: 5651

Intel HD Graphics
Dev: 8086 Dev: 22B0

Network: