now what?

the_z

9 posts in this topic

ok I I just got JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.iso. I used disk utility and put the image on it. I then insterted it into my windows machine and it starts up asking me if I want to install x86. then it states its loading darwin then it flashes starting then reboots. Thats as far as i get. I also turned off HT in my bios. Any ideas?

Thanks

There was an older 10.4.8 JaS DVD that got corrupted and he pulled the torrent. But some idiots reposted it anyway.

Be sure you got "MAC OS X 10.4.8 Intel Only Jas re-seed (SSE3 Only - NO AMD)" posted Nov. 3, 2006.

There should be no mach_kernel.mifki error since the DVD boots only mach_kernel which is the one from Semthex. The mach_kernel.mifki is on the DVD but it takes a special command to force it to be used.

Instead of hitting "any key" to start the installation, hit F8. At the command line, type: -v cpus=1

then hit Enter. You should see a bunch of messages on the screen. What messages does it display when it hangs or what errors does it display?

• 2 weeks later...

I am still having the same issue. I have "MAC OS X 10.4.8 Intel Only Jas re-seed (SSE3 Only - NO AMD)" posted Nov. 3, 2006. It hangs on Loading HFS+ file [/system/library/extension/mkext from 4230450.

Any other suggestions?

THANKS!

You that have responded have been a great help!

I am now using VMWare and still getting the same results. I still get the reboot. I type "-v" and it restarts and if i hit any key it still restarts. I am not sure where to go from here.

Any suggestions will be greatfull!

Thanks

The kernel on the JaS 10.4.8 install DVD is not compatible with VMWare. Newer kernels are compatible.

When booting the DVD native (not VMWare), try the mifki kernel. When the DVD asks to hit any key or F8, then hit F8 and type: mach_kernel.mifki

Also, try re-burning your DVD at the slowest speed possible.