Asus Maximus Formula II(LGA775) can't reach installer

doom3crazy

3 posts in this topic

So my current setup is a Asus Maximus Formula II(old lga 775 board) but I have done the mod to allow 771 cpu's in it. So I currently have a Xeon x5470. I have 16gb of ram and a old geforce 8400gs and I am trying to install from a Sierra install usb created with ##### on a mac with Sierra. I did select legacy boot on the #####.

Clover 4045 loads and I get to loader screen. I select to install Sierra and it hangs at a black screen afterwards for awhile and then I get what looks like an error screen. This is my first hackintosh attempt and I am very new to this so if anyone has any tips/tricks/advice/help it would be mucho appreciated. Attached is the error code I am getting.

For the hell of it, I took that old 5400 rpm drive and stuck it in my rampage gene III x58 system with the sierra boot usb and sure enough I was able to reach the installer etc so I know its not the usb.

I feel like the issue with my Maximus Formula II(LGA 775) has gotta be the fact I did that little mod to allow the xeon x5470(LGA 771) cpu in it(the error def looks like something cpu related) but I have found evidence of people doing this mod getting hackintosh to work so I should be able to somehow.

I tried setting SMBIOS > Trust=true in your config.plist, didn't make a difference. And finally, I tried erasing all the boot arguments and used CPUs=1. Maxmem=2048 and graphicsenabler=yes. And now I don't get that error but I get stuck at the Apple logo with the loading bar but it never goes anywhere. I got the flags and idea from this thread from another guy with my same motherboard.

HELP!! Haha. I believe it should be possible. I found more evidence of two other guys over at tony mac who had the maximus formula ii with sierra running on it.

post-2380534-0-57273400-1516485684_thumb.jpg