Jas SSE3 does work for SSE2?

Alireza

5 posts in this topic

I have an Intel LGA 775 3.0 GHz HT and my CPU supports all SSE, SSE2, SSE3, ... but my friend has a DELL laptop that only supports SSE, SSE2. So I've searched the web for any Mac OS X that works for both of us but I only found a Jas torrent that says this DVD is only for SSE3, so would this DVD install on my friend's laptop or not!?? I must mention that my friend is the one that must download the torrent because I don't have access to high-speed internet :angel: so please help me on this. And if it doesn't work please send my E-mail a torrent or send me it's link. Pleaaaaaaaaaase help me.

Note: I've already downloaded the 10.4.6 torrent (by Jas) and installed on both computers but when I selected the SSE3 patch on the laptop it didn't work!!!

This is the torrent I've found :angel:

o-Demonoid.com-o_MAC_OS_X_10_4_8_Intel_Only_Jas_re_seed_(SSE3_Only_NO_AMD).torrent

Also, I've been telling this to about everyone, if you have the option to upgrade to SSE3, do it if you want to have a fast OS X system. SSE3 is a lot faster because less stuff has to be passed to SSE2 via emulation (well, basically nothing), so more resources can be used on the actual OS.