Dell Keyboard hotkeys remapping

30 posts in this topic

You've not said anything about the WMI kext. Hopefully i've made enough changes to make it work. If not all devices are working we can add them later, for now we are looking after the brightness keys.

attachicon.gifDSDT_E6230.zip

the IOWMIFamily produce no logs with my old DSDT

Thanks

You've not said anything about the WMI kext. Hopefully i've made enough changes to make it work. If not all devices are working we can add them later, for now we are looking after the brightness keys.

attachicon.gifDSDT_E6230.zip

WOW, the brightness arrows work like a charm. Does disable Fn+F3/Insert to brightness possible?

VidMirror seams map to Command+P because when I press it in Safari, It invokes the print dialog.

the IOWMIFamily produce no logs with my old DSDT

Thanks

WOW, the brightness arrows work like a charm. Does disable Fn+F3/Insert to brightness possible?

VidMirror seams map to Command+P because when I press it in Safari, It invokes the print dialog.

The display seems darker than the dsdt from osxlatitude, even at the max brightness. Could you please fix that?

Update: Fixed with Rehabman's Brightness Fix(HD3000/HD4000) DSDT patch

That's great. To reassign your keys, you have to find out if they are controlled by scancodes, or ACPI, like the brightness keys and reassign them.

• 3 months later...

Aloha guys,

Hey, I have been working diligently trying to recreate your success here but am not so lucky :(

I have a Dell Latitude E6540 which generates the exact same scan codes and ACPI calls as the OP's E6230.

I have applied the PS2K patch in Method _Q66(), tried it with both IOWMIFamily.kext loaded and not loaded and no matter what ...

Plus, I have tried 4 different ALPS versions of the VoodooPSController.kext

Fn+<up arrow> and Fn+<down arrow> are simply ignored.

I can only affect video brightness with Fn+F3 and Fn+F15(Insert).

Running Sierra 10.12.6.

I must be missing something very basic. This shouldn't be that hard, should it ?

Edited by bisk
wrong content, bad info