Is there a way to write to the windows hd using os x?

coolbgdog

3 posts in this topic

I was thinking if I could write to the hd because some of my files are messed up on the windows hd and I am only able to use osx. Is there a way I can make osx write to the ntfs file system? Because when I go to "get info" it say I can only read and theres no way I can change it. If theres a program or utitly please tell me.

there is no possible way for Os X to write on NTFS partition.. u could do it if it was fat32..

you can download a Live Lunix Distribution.. any of them and access your drive from there..

on try to change your partiton to fat32 by using a dos version of partiton magic maybe.. I

dont know if there is such a thing buy I know partition magic does all its work in dos mode when you're doing some changes on your primary hdd.. I guess it should be possible without loosing your data..

But try the UBUNTU live cd.. easier that way.

I was thinking if I could write to the hd because some of my files are messed up on the windows hd and I am only able to use osx. Is there a way I can make osx write to the ntfs file system? Because when I go to "get info" it say I can only read and theres no way I can change it. If theres a program or utitly please tell me.

Here's a 50MB live-CD witch can write on NTFS partition:

http://www.inside-security.de/INSERT_en.html