tcpMoniker

2 posts in this topic

Hello.

First of all, here's what's involved on this part of the build:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi
Bluetooth dongle: Asus BT-400

Bluetooth kexts: BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRAM2

OS Version: 10.13 High Sierra

So recently I've noticed that my built in Intel Bluetooth was working, detects devices and works just fine. I have, however, this very specific piece of gear, the Waves NX Head Tracker, which I am attempting to get working under macOS (basically creates a virtual mixroom that reacts to your head movements, cool stuff). However I have issues with getting it to connect. It also didn't work on Windows, so I contacted Waves Support, and the guy fixed that side and actually kept replying trying to get the Hackintosh side of things working too (which he knows is a Hack and so, technically and understandably, out of what they are obliged to support) so I'm going back to it.

Information I can provide:

- The HCI Selector doesn't seem to make the Broadcom USB active. It did once, but I believe it had something to do with me disabling the BT part of the Intel chip on Windows, rebooting, etc. When I try to use it now, nothing happens, my other device stays listed as ACTIVE.

- My two devices showing are:

• Broadcom Corp, LocationID 14300000
  • Vendor (8087), Location ID 14800000

- In the log, when I try to switch devices, these two lines show up:

Oct 30 15:15:59 Hack Bluetooth Explorer[273]: Vendor Broadcom Corp Product ASUS USB-BT400 idVendor B05 idProduct 17CB LocationID 14300000
Oct 30 15:15:59 Hack Bluetooth Explorer[273]: Vendor (null) Product Bluetooth USB Host Controller idVendor 8087 idProduct A2B LocationID 14800000

So I'm assuming it switches to the USB dongle and back again?

- When trying to work with the app that comes with the tracker, as it attempts to pair, this is what shows up on the log as it then fails to pair:

2017-10-30 14:54:38 +0000 Handle: 0xE01 disconnected, reason: 0x16
9d-b9-1f-6b-71-c2 connected, handle: 0xE02
9d-b9-1f-6b-71-c2 disconnected

So the device seems to be changing addresses or identifier?

- macOS can see the Bluetooth device, having it in bold before the tracker app fails and it disconnects the tracker.

So my main questions/issues are:

• How do I get macOS to actually use the dongle? I figure that if I went in and remove the m.2 chip on the motherboard, it might work, but I'll also lose WiFi on Windows. Normally, when on macOS, I'm doing music production and I'm okay with only getting Ethernet, I'd like to keep the component's functionality at least under Windows.
  • Could the fact that the OS sees the chip as a USB device have something to do with the issue?

All other Bluetooth devices work fine, it's just the tracker that isn't. The support guy told me to use the Debug Bluetooth menu, reset the adapter and use Bluetooth Explorer to switch devices, it still doesn't switch.

Any tips or ideas?

Moniker

• 2 weeks later...