Finally, got a full steam iHack

G.com

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I always promised to put in a short note once I finish to get my Hack working 100%

Today, is the day.

macOS 10.13 (17A405) / Clover

SMBIOS: 14,2

Z97 Gaming GT, i7-4790k, GTX970, ABWB Combo Card

Working:

Native Powermanagement

USB all 20 ports my board has got

Sleep/Wake/Power Nap (with the one remark til today it sometimes crashed after third or fourth wake up)

Continuity

Handoff

Appel Watch Login

iTunes Trailer/Movies/Streaming (full HD) - as I type :)

Did I miss anything? Ahh, well maybe not... :)

It took me about 18 months and several tries with the various OSX releases, the tools and tech stuff involved but finally it was worth it.

What can I say as an advise:

a.) Read carefully, often you did not read the instructions to the end, do it first to avoid missing out crucial parts!

b.) Often it is not what is said in the How To's but a missing overall picture > carry on reading, ask questions, filling gaps.

c.) Three names that gave the the most valuable input and ripping their *** off to get things working for us, without the likes of these encouraged guys - no Hackintosh! 1.) Piker Alpha 2.) Toledo 3.) RehabMan BUT: Hundreds of others helped me with asking their questions I came across as well! THANK YOU ALL!

Some recommendations for the successful installation:

1) Make a proper Bootstick with suitable SMBIOS and relevant kext to your system.

2) Get the installation done. It works flawlessly with the correct Boot Stick. No need to hack around here and flick things together!

3) Make a custom SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh and inject it. Add KernelPM in Cover Config.

4) Make proper custom SSDT-USB and inject as well.

5) Put all ACPI renaming in Clover Config (this is relevant to what is missing/mistakenly designated items your personal .ioreg)

6) Copy EFI folder to your Macintosh HD.

7) Fine Tune.

What I really needed:

a.) NvidiaGraphicsFix.kext (for my Gaming GT PCI Bridge naming issue - couldn't be resolved via SSDT for some odd reason, if someone succeeded, Kindly share SSDT with me!)

b-) Shiki.kext (for DRM Video Playback in iTunes) add -shikigva=4 to clover config.

All other stuff was rudimentary once you understood the real thing and got the more global picture.

You need to be firmly armed with some helpful terminal commands to check XCPM, Wake reasons etc. 

​You need to know your way using iOReg and Console.

This is about it, what is needed; apart from time, time and time. I wouldn't be calling me experienced or even be able to help anyone else but I loved to share a bit of the essence of my last 18 months.

Most likely I will hang around here looking if I can add my two cents to others questions!

​Cheers all!

• Like 2

So far darkwake=2 made the trick with power nap. My system did a full backup once the night which seems correct as no changes were made giving neccessity to further backup. Hourly wake up still happens.

One more thing I like to add, from experience I can say, even with onl 50% correct aetzings your make could seem to work. My old 5,1 seemed to work fine BUT, today I know the devil is in the detail. I had minor bugs here and there. All sorted after I did it all right.

Essence, never stop to early believing all is correct. Check with all poosible tools.

Hi all,

I always promised to put in a short note once I finish to get my Hack working 100%

Today, is the day.

macOS 10.13 (17A405) / Clover

SMBIOS: 14,2

Z97 Gaming GT, i7-4790k, GTX970, ABWB Combo Card

Working:

Native Powermanagement

USB all 20 ports my board has got

Sleep/Wake/Power Nap (with the one remark til today it sometimes crashed after third or fourth wake up)

Continuity

Handoff

Appel Watch Login

iTunes Trailer/Movies/Streaming (full HD) - as I type :)

Did I miss anything? Ahh, well maybe not... :)

It took me about 18 months and several tries with the various OSX releases, the tools and tech stuff involved but finally it was worth it.

What can I say as an advise:

a.) Read carefully, often you did not read the instructions to the end, do it first to avoid missing out crucial parts!

b.) Often it is not what is said in the How To's but a missing overall picture > carry on reading, ask questions, filling gaps.

c.) Three names that gave the the most valuable input and ripping their *** off to get things working for us, without the likes of these encouraged guys - no Hackintosh! 1.) Piker Alpha 2.) Toledo 3.) RehabMan BUT: Hundreds of others helped me with asking their questions I came across as well! THANK YOU ALL!

Some recommendations for the successful installation:

1) Make a proper Bootstick with suitable SMBIOS and relevant kext to your system.

2) Get the installation done. It works flawlessly with the correct Boot Stick. No need to hack around here and flick things together!

3) Make a custom SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh and inject it. Add KernelPM in Cover Config.

4) Make proper custom SSDT-USB and inject as well.

5) Put all ACPI renaming in Clover Config (this is relevant to what is missing/mistakenly designated items your personal .ioreg)

6) Copy EFI folder to your Macintosh HD.

7) Fine Tune.

What I really needed:

a.) NvidiaGraphicsFix.kext (for my Gaming GT PCI Bridge naming issue - couldn't be resolved via SSDT for some odd reason, if someone succeeded, Kindly share SSDT with me!)

b-) Shiki.kext (for DRM Video Playback in iTunes) add -shikigva=4 to clover config.

All other stuff was rudimentary once you understood the real thing and got the more global picture.

You need to be firmly armed with some helpful terminal commands to check XCPM, Wake reasons etc. 

​You need to know your way using iOReg and Console.

This is about it, what is needed; apart from time, time and time. I wouldn't be calling me experienced or even be able to help anyone else but I loved to share a bit of the essence of my last 18 months.

Most likely I will hang around here looking if I can add my two cents to others questions!

​Cheers all!

Can you share your clover config? I have a similar 4790k system want to upgrade to HS.

Many Thanks!

Hi,

why do you want to change your config - if it is working under Sierra, only change would be the SMBIOS.

Therefore get latest clover configurator. 

Firstly, choose correct Mac Type (preferably 15,1) in SMBIOS.

Secondly, generate a SMUUID.

Copy that to System ID under SMBIOS.

Go to RT Variables and copy Bord Serial from SMBIOS to MLB.

Last generate ROM.

When generating always press several times avoiding conflicts.

Done! :)

I actually have almost noting on.

1) Boot Arguments for Shiki, kext-dev and uia_excudes

2) EH01, EH02, IMEI and SATA renaming under Boot.

3) Audio Type 1, Rest HDA

4) Inject EDID

5) Inject System ID, Nvidia WEB under System parameters

Be careful when installing the new web drivers - a) uninstall the old ones, change csractiveconfig to 0x00 before, reboot then install. System will block installation na open "Security" here eneble - after successful restart change back to 0x03 or what ever you like.

If experiencing any issue start in safe mode and uninstall Nvidia driver.

Good luck! Questions welcome.