extracting quickime via pacifist kills perf pane & clock

aximxp

3 posts in this topic

hey guys i was trying to downgrade from 7.1.3 to 7.1.2 and after the reinstaller wouldn't let me and every other option was exhausted i figured what the hell, ill manually extract the package over the existing files figuring there might be a slim chance.

soo now the console log shows a systemuiserver crash every couple seconds tho i dont notice any performance hits, and the clock (im assuming controlled by this) is gone along with the pref pane crashing.

i tried removing the perference pane files relating to quicktime and reinstalling /repairing permissions but no go. again probably made some dumb mistakes there so any ideas on how to fix it?

cheers

also this basically loops in my system log:

Nov 11 14:33:59 tylers-computer crashdump[611]: SystemUIServer crashed

Nov 11 14:33:59 tylers-computer crashdump[611]: crash report written to: /Users/tylers/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/SystemUIServer.crash.log

dyld: Symbol not found: _kCICategoryApplePrivate

Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/Quartz.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QuartzComposer.framework/Versions/A/QuartzComposer

Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore

Nov 11 14:34:04 tylers-computer crashdump[613]: Pages crashed

Nov 11 14:34:04 tylers-computer crashdump[613]: crash report written to: /Users/tylers/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Pages.crash.log

Nov 11 14:34:05 tylers-computer crashdump[615]: SystemUIServer crashed

Nov 11 14:34:05 tylers-computer crashdump[615]: crash report written to: /Users/tylers/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/SystemUIServer.crash.log

Nov 11 14:34:11 tylers-computer crashdump[617]: SystemUIServer crashed

Nov 11 14:34:11 tylers-computer crashdump[617]: crash report written to: /Users/tylers/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/SystemUIServer.crash.log

Nov 11 14:34:18 tylers-computer crashdump[619]: SystemUIServer crashed

Nov 11 14:34:18 tylers-computer crashdump[619]: crash report written to: /Users/tylers/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/SystemUIServer.crash.log

Nov 11 14:34:24 tylers-computer crashdump[621]: SystemUIServer crashed

Nov 11 14:34:24 tylers-computer crashdump[621]: crash report written to: /Users/tylers/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/SystemUIServer.crash.log

Nov 11 14:34:30 tylers-computer crashdump[623]: SystemUIServer crashed

and of course itunes stopped working so this gets better by the second..

okay and looking now i think the problem was extracting thru pacifist it overwrote audiotools/audiounit/carbon/coreaudio/qtkit/quartz/quicktime framework folders so none of them are working right. is this just a permissions thing or what?