MacOS High Sierra On Haswell HD4400 i7-4510u HP x360

ltooz_audis

17 posts in this topic

So, the High Sierra was released a few days ago and I just downloaded and installed it today to my test USB hard drive and it worked beautifully on my HP x360 HD4400 i7-4510u. I skipped the Sierra 10.12 due to Safari problems and Graphics. This one fixed everything. I'll have a full tutorial when I have a chance - But things you need are: Clover 4220, Lilu.kext 1.1.7, AppleALC.kext 1.1.4, IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext 1.1.7, everything else can be used from the El Capitan if you had it working, if not, wait for my tutorial from beginning to end.

Cheers,

Louis

On my El Capitan, I could only download 19MB version of the MacOS High Sierra, in order to download the full version, I need to use the High Sierra Patcher which can also create the USB installer which is great, the only thing I need is the Kernels folder extracted using Pacifist.

Create Clover USB bootloader 4220 using BootDiskUtility.

Install High Sierra to External USB Hard Drive

Cheers,

Louis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How to patch DSDT & SSDTs to get all battery + Sleep/wake + HDMI + Turbo - Speed Step

Cheers,

Louis

Congratulations for your Hackintosh. Very good work.

I also have a x360 and I'm thinking about make a hackintosh with it. I'd like to keep a small partition with Windows... But Im confused about how to make it. What do you recomend me? Format the whole disk? Or keep de HP recovery partition?

Thank you!

I normally use windows partition to shrink a partition for mac, but it doesn't allow more than 40% of the total drive. I had to use mini partition to shrink the windows partition down to 30%. I would use 600-700GB from 1TB for mac. Make sure to back up all of the data in the Windows partition. I do not want to format the drive, just resize the partition. Leave everything original. Paragon Partition Manager 14 is also a good one to do it. Never mess with the original hard drive. Install it on a USB hard drive first to make sure it works, then restore it to the newly create partition after you're happy with it.

Cheers,

Louis

• Like 1

I normally use windows partition to shrink a partition for mac, but it doesn't allow more than 40% of the total drive. I had to use mini partition to shrink the windows partition down to 30%. I would use 600-700GB from 1TB for mac. Make sure to back up all of the data in the Windows partition. I do not want to format the drive, just resize the partition. Leave everything original. Paragon Partition Manager 14 is also a good one to do it. Never mess with the original hard drive. Install it on a USB hard drive first to make sure it works, then restore it to the newly create partition after you're happy with it.

Cheers,

Louis

Thank you for your advice.

I will try to install like that.

Best regards.

• 1 month later...

I think you may need a patch in the clover config. There’s a kernel patch for early reboot from pike alpha. Check your config

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where on the USB stick do I put the patched kernel for High Sierra 13.2 and does it work with that High Sierra kernel?

Where on the USB stick do I put the patched kernel for High Sierra 13.2 and does it work with that High Sierra kernel?

Use High Sierra patcher app, it does everything for you. Watch my video on how to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Excuse me, I really appretiate your effort. I am really new to hackintosh. Currently, I am getting a problem when installing MacOS, it says "MacOS could not be installed in your computer." and my ask me to check my hardware.

I try to troubleshoot as I was wondering is it the device model problem and i got to this site, because you have the same processor as my laptop(inspiron 15 5547). Is this how we decide the device model? 

• 1 month later...

macOS High Sierra 10.3.4 Update. For 10.3.4, we need High Sierra Patcher V2.6 or higher. Make sure to Update Clover kexts with latest Lilu.kext (1.2.2), IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (1.2.4), Shiki.kext (2.2.3), ALC.kext (1.2.2) to boot. Make sure to have the patched IOUSBFamilyHost.kext to re-install for the WIFI and Bluetooth to work as before and re-install NTFS-3G if you had it. I installed it on my external USB hard drive to make sure it worked before I installed it on the internal hard drive. This will work with HD4600 and HD5500.

Edited by ltooz_audis