GA-Z77UP5-TH Upgrade Fail (Retail)

protdmag

5 posts in this topic

Anyone had a luck/got any advice for me re. an upgrade from sierra? Just gave it a go and it gets stuck on a black screen with the white apple logo.

Have updated clover to the latest, extracted and copied apfs.efi to my clover drivers folder and also added in the firmware features 0xe907f537 string (without this it got stuck on kernel caches). Believe SMBIOS is also up to date (June 2017).

If I boot verbose I see a bunch of kernel trap errors and Hex dumps, then mach reboot attempts.

Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated

For the firmware issue what I would do is download Clover Configurator and then re-select the Mac SMBIOS profile you’re using. Make sure to keep the same unique serial numbers (for stuff like MLB) you had before (take a screenshot). You just want clover configurator to populate the firmware related fields. That’ll trick the installer into thinking your computer’s firmware is up to date.

As for the MATS table, I’m not sure what ACPI data it holds. But I have a UP5-TH and dropping that table had no undesirable effects I could observe although it let me boot all the way into the installer.