Problems after upgrading to 10.4.8.

iamarock

3 posts in this topic

Hello:

After playing for a While (a few months) with a working 10.4.1 install on a Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop (Intel SSE2), I finally decided to install a newer version erasing my previous installation.

I`ve used the Mac OS X 10.4.6 x86 Install DVD (JaS), and everything went without any remarkable problem, the problems started when I installed the upgrade to 10.4.8 version (JaS 10.4.8 Update SSE2 Intel Only), since then, safari won´t start (launch his window and immediately closes), and I have another curious and annoying problem: widgets dissapear on dashboard.

Since all this problems started with the upgrade, Is it recomendable to return to my previous (fully working) 10.4.6 install or is there any way to solve these unpleasant issues?

Thank you in advance.

Hello:

After playing for a While (a few months) with a working 10.4.1 install on a Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop (Intel SSE2), I finally decided to install a newer version erasing my previous installation.

I`ve used the Mac OS X 10.4.6 x86 Install DVD (JaS), and everything went without any remarkable problem, the problems started when I installed the upgrade to 10.4.8 version (JaS 10.4.8 Update SSE2 Intel Only), since then, safari won´t start (launch his window and immediately closes), and I have another curious and annoying problem: widgets dissapear on dashboard.

Since all this problems started with the upgrade, Is it recomendable to return to my previous (fully working) 10.4.6 install or is there any way to solve these unpleasant issues?

Thank you in advance.

Since you have an SSE2 processor, just use JaS 10.4.7 dvd and stay with it until JaS release his 10.4.8 sse2 DVD.

Ive installed 10.4.7 on the 5150 and no problemo.

sekian,

terima kasih. (english ; the end, thank you.)