OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 on Intel® Server Board S5520HC

SPAS

4 posts in this topic

I've got it but I have questions and more work to do.

I'm new in hackintosh, so any help is highly appreciated.

First, not important, but I'm curious to know how the OS X works with USB ports.

I've seen it doesn't recognize keyboard/mouse on any USB port.

Second, I would like to change the OS boot sequence which I implemented based on a publication found on WEB.

It is an EFI boot starting with Clover installer which uses an Clover installation and copied EFI folder from the Installer both in the EFI partition of the target OS drive.

I cannot follow this process so, If someone can help me with it I'd be very thankful.

I'm going to try changing the boot process using Pike's MacOSXBootloader v3.1  for OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

I've made an 64-bit build and I'm going to try it.

Third, I've tried different bootloader from different sources but I was a little sloppy to track my work.

So, I found myself in a situation with a working mac OS installed on the computer and the same installer doesn't working any more (some error with the Essentials.pkg),

I've been trying to generate another Installer  from the sources I've got but still without success.

I see three problems I don't know anything about them.

• when I try to run Install OS X El Capitan.app OS X 10.11.6 says "does not appear to be valid OS installer".
  • when I try a new Installer the boot process stops for a long time (I don't wait long and reboot) after displaying:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

panic (CPU 0 ...): kernel trap at ...

Debugger called (panic)

Kernel Extention in backtrace: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0) [...]

System uptime in nanoseconds:

... ~2.003 sec

• The same situation I have (or I think I have) when booting from the OS HDD instead using Clover USB Installer.                 

Thanks for your attention.

Respectfully.

OK, I'll try but the point is:

I've installed an mac OS 10.11.6 with my board and it works.

• Right now, what I need is a Network. 

I could use what is already installed (on Serial ports) or to find working kernel extension working with my chips (two of them on the board) or buy a network card Apple supported.

Besides, there is an extension IntelMausiEthernet.kext but when I opened it in El Capitan there was noting in its Release folder.

Otherwise, 7z shows some content. Maybe, I need to install this kext?

• I've made another Clover Installer from an Install OS X El Capitan.app verified by my OS 10.11.6

but when I used it it stops (don't know if it'll continue) at the point I've mentioned earlier - after displaying:

Kernel Extention in backtrace: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0) [...]

System uptime in nanoseconds:

This is my main problem now!

What I'm missing to generate a working Installer? Basically, I do what I've been doing before trying to install the OS and I've succeeded. 

Thanks

Thanks for helping me.

This Intel 82575EB chip should have some peculiarities. It is not supported on Hackintosh. There is an LINUX driver for it beside for Windows.

Never the less, my main problem is the OS boot.

​I have an installation I can boot but I cannot reproduce it because, probably, an error on the flash drive leading to the Installer's error message concerning Essentials.pkg when I try a new installation. Without a tool to reproduce this installation I don't want trail/error approach.

​But, I'm a little bit confused about OS X 10.11.6 performance!

On an usual disk-to-disk copy/write operation I see something about 10 - 25 MB/s which I've never seen in Windows environment with my HDDs capable of 120 - 150 MB/s operations. Actually, I'm trying mac OS exactly because Windows 10 performance is terrible now.

Shortly said I have a weird bootable El Capitan 10.11.6 from some source I still cannot identify and a couple of sources which don't install neither with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext nor with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and I'm trying to find an working installer (I have one now) generating a bootable installation.