JaS 10.4.7 install and boot problems, please help...

Semt-X

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Im a new on this one. Ive just got JaS 10.4.7 and tried to install it but with some problems.

When i install OSX without any JaS pathes it installs well, but when i reboot the system it hangs on the apple-logo screen a while and then there's a circle in a line through it (like a stop-sign?). I believe this is the sign where the HD isnt found????

Ok, no problem. Im installing it again but now with the AMD patches with it. When i do that the installer will go to the semjaza patch and then i get a message that there are some errors during installation and i must reboot and install again. This error shows up when the semjaza patch is around 40% installation.

What can be the problem??????

My specs are:

AMD 3700+

Asus A8n-e

IDE Maxtor 80gb HD

Geforce4 7200GT (i believe)

Antec power supply

Like i said, im a total newbie with this. So if i must do something in "terminal" or like that please tell me exactly what to do.

Hope that you guys can help me out.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Huh, what's up now lol ....?

Ok you need to cutomize your install in the install to get a useable system with the patches you require. You might want to go to the genius bar and read some howtos about it..

Just looked in the Genius Bar but cant seem to find the topic im looking for. Its just that i cant get in the OS. So, the first way is to install without patches and doesnt boot at all. The other way is to install the pachtes, get an error during install. Reboot and get the error that the wizard of OSX has an error.

Do you know what im talking about?

Plus im a really newbie, so most of the stuff here i dont understand....

But thanks for the help Semthex..... greetz Semt-X :-)

Go back and re-do your install by first erasing the target partition using the disk utility. Then in the customize section, remove the check mark from the Printer drivers. Some of the printer drivers cause errors during the install. Then select the patches that match your hardware requirements.

The above was what I had to do to get my first workable instal.

Good luck

i get a message that there are some errors during installation and i must reboot and install again. This error shows up when the semjaza patch is around 40% installation.

If you get the installation error, then the installer has a problem with the files on your DVD.

Reburn the DVD at the slowest speed possible. If available, try a different brand of media and a different type of media (dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw).

If that doesn't work, verify that your DVD drive has the latest firmware.

If that doesn't work, then your iso may be corrupt. Try downloading and burning again.

During installation of 10.4.7, you must install the AMD Combo update and the AMD kernel. There is no SemjaZa patch available for selection on the 10.4.7 DVD. Only on the 10.4.6 DVD.

During installation of 10.4.6, select the Combo Update, AMD Base, AMD SSE3 and the AMD SemjaZa Decrypts.

10.4.6 DVD --- 10.4.7 DVD

Hi guys, i managed to install 10.4.4 and update to 10.4.7

So far so good, but after like 15 minutes my system hangs....

How can i see what goes wrong???

And when i restart OSX doesnt startup at all. When it sais something about starting up FireWire it doesnt do a thing??