Creative omni 5.1 sierra 10.12.5

kaiseroni

4 posts in this topic

recently purchased a creative omni 5.1 and it wont work on my installation. I tried it on a genuine macbook pro running the same os 10.12.5 and it works fine. I was even able to update the firmware of the sound card so its not a usb issue. The error im getting when launching the creative app is that the drivers required are not detected. I reinstalled many times but wont work. 

What can i do?

i have the latest version of clover, os x 10.12.5. 

Edit: ok i just found out the card works, i get sound but the creative app still says driver not detected which i need to get 5.1 due to dobly digital live feature

Go to utilities midi setup and enable your 5.1 setup there.

i did but there's only 2ch listed. The card is connected with an optical cable, you need a decoder for 5.1 like dobly digital live in the creative app that wont work. I also get a weird issue since the sierra upgrade where chrome wont load certain websites, i tried reinstalling chrome and all but it wont work, those pages only work in safari. Im think my installation must have some issues, should i just reinstall OS X from scratch and chose to go  back to El capitan?