10.4.8 will install but not boot into OS. 10.4.6 worked flawlessly.

DrivinWest

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

My Shuttle SB86i with a P4 630 and an ATI x1800XL worked perfectly with JaS 10.4.6 and the NeoPheus installer. I'm trying to install 10.4.8 on to the same machine but I'm not having much luck.

During installation I formatted the drive with HFS+ (Journaled) using disk utility then got to the customization screen. I installed the 10.4.8 bundle, the 1st SSE3 package, the 2nd SSE package*, USB 2.0 support, SoundBlaster USB audio, "About This Mac" fix and ATI Radeon PCIe NeoPheus/Boris package installer.

The installation goes normally. Once machine reboots and I'm confronted with the "This computer needs to be restarted" window - the one that says the same thing in several languages. All reboots produce the same result.

* the second SSE package is the one that says click this if you have HPET or NX (I think). In my mobo BIOS I found the ability to disable NX (but i didn't) so I clicked that package. Is that correct?

Any help is much appreciated.

-DW

Thanks for the reply. I did remove the ATI card and tried with on board graphics with the GMA900 package selected. Also no go. I'll give it a whirl with the GMA900 unchecked and see if it that makes a difference. Info to come.