Is anyone use the GA-Z170n-WiFi matherboard?

Aiello

13 posts in this topic

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin

-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer

-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

• Like 1

:( dosen't  work.

If I choose "in verbose mode", it will restart when the screen shows "system uptime in nanoseconds:xxxxxxxx"

The other way, I just click boot from "install sierra", the screen will show a big ban ico。

I'll try another installtion media and test it again later. :)  

failed. I updated my clover and it will show a ban icon when I install in verbose mode.

If I use ur clover, it merely keep in loading progress.(an apple logo with a progress bar below)

• 2 years later...

I accept that I am out of date on this, but I thought I would add this purely for anyone else that might read it..

I have the Z170N-Wifi Mobo and an I5-6600 in it and I have been using it flawlessly with Mojave for about a year.

Now, in a typical ( I am such a plonker ) move, I have a couple of Hackintoshes, one is my El Capitan and the other my Mojave, and they are both ITX setsup and they both use a Coolermaster Elite 130 case... Actually, I also have an AMD A10 in the Elite 130 too, but thats one of my Linux Machines.

Anyway, last week, I was going to sell the El Capitan one, it too is an I5 but in a H77 Mobo and it wont go further, and I was installing Windows 10 onto it , when I clicked... I was using the Mohave one , not the El Cap one!

I was devastated cos I had clearly wiped the stuff that I use, and not the mess about one.

The thing is, that now, I cannot get it back on... Not fully.

I have installed it, and I know that all I have to do, is use my installer flash drive, and viola... Right now, the best I can do, is either use the clover installer USB drive to boot and then manually select the mojave option, and then I sure enough get to the Apple desktop and I can use it, but if I try to boot from the HD, I get teh GRUB CLI and nothing more.

So Im habing a right pain trying to get it working and yet the last time, all I had to do, was clear the CMOS, and setup opnly 2 or maybe 3 things... VT-d = disabled, boot from HD0, XHDI or XHCI hand off, and whatever else, not sure, and it just worked.

I have been messing about for a couple of dqays now and I have got nowhere?

What a shame.

Bu the fact is, that this board DOES work, and it works briliantly, but only when you have it right.... I have every thing that needs to be setup in the BIOS, all written down in a notrepad... But can I find that notepad? LOL

Edited by FatRakoon