ALC888B, no sound

cobl62

25 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I feel like I have been googling the whole internet but unfortunately I still haven´t found a solution.

I have Mavericks via Clover installed and its been quite stable for while. Until now I didn`t need sound on board but its no time as the delay of the air play speakers is too much and headphones via bluetooth no realistic solution. 

But unfortunately I am not able to get the sound.  What I did until now:

Identified the ALC888B via DPCI Manager. 

Identified ALC887 via the shell script "audio_detect_v2.2.2 command".

Got the same Codec IDs 0x10ec0887.

I have configured Audio 1 inject in the clover config list.

I tried Kext utility.

I tried audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command

I tried Kext Beast with the aplehda driver.

Following results:

configuring for ALC888 - no devices shown in preferences > sound.

configuring for ALC887 - devices are shown (4) in preferences sound.

In all cases I have checked via IORegistry explorer and system profile that applehda is loaded (?) or at least shown.

In both cases the ALC realtek driver is added into the EFI. But in both cases sound is not working.

When booting the speakers make a little squeaky sound, when configured for ALC887.

I must say, I am very insecure with changing anything on DSDT or scripts as I am not that experienced.

Voodoohda - I have not tried, I didm´t find the kext itself, only a zip file with many different files and folders, unsure which one to take.

Can you help, please?

The hardware is ur signature?

-Post ur full Clover folder

-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer

-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

Audio inject is empty? Is that right?

enable trim for ssd, is correct?

Rt variables for booter config and car are filled, is that correct?

Also SMBIOS?

which script by Pike do I need to run?

Compile - how do I do this?

• Like 1

ok I think I found a description for compiling and saving...of Pikes script for Power Management..

I will try everything tomorrow, thanks a lot in advance for your quick help (hoping that everything will be fine ;) ) !

(but I can use those new entries in the config list mentioned in my last post, right?)

• Like 1

Audio inject is empty? Is that right?

Apply device HDEF into DSDT 

enable trim for ssd, is correct?

Yes, u have SSD

Rt variables for booter config and car are filled, is that correct?

Yes, no problem in Mavericks

Also SMBIOS?

Yes, iMac14,2 is a 4 generation intel, the ideal is iMac15,1(i7 4790k), but mavericks dont have support to Smbios iMac15,1

which script by Pike do I need to run?

Compile - how do I do this?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=231365

Run, Open, duplicate and save

Post file here

• Like 1

ok, I have copied the ssdt file, the clover folder to the efi partition, restarted, tried all available inputs (devices were noticed within the prefpane sound, even HDMI) but no sound so far.. any other idea?

well I didn´t patch anything intentially, but when I look into the package I see quite a few entries within the version plist, info.plist with clover entries and also I see in the MacOS folder a change made yesterday..

the plugins seem to be unchanged.

I will try to find an original one and exchange it..

got an applehda kext from my mavericks 10.9.5 (same version as my desktop).. get an error..will try to get kext wizard to replace applehda.kext 

will test then

test negative..:( implemented via kext utility applehda kext, taken from my original apple notebook with mavericks on..

What ur System Version?

if original dont work, we need other id ;)

we need a test

so we need another ID?

what exactly can I do?

• Like 1

Now it works!!! Though there are now 4 digital-out HDMI outputs, 1 line out for green rear and headphones for the front is shown and work both!

Thanks a lot for your continuous help and optimizing the system!