Sierra 10.12.4: Need help for Power Management and fine tuning

52 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I’ve managed to install Sierra on my hack – i7-5930K, ASUS X99 Deluxe and Nvidia GTX 780 – and It seems all pretty stable. What I really don’t get is how to have the proper power management.

Right now in Clover I have cheked the sequent options:

ACPI:

Generate PStates

Generate CStates

BOOT:

npci=0x3000

darkwake=0 (but no sleep/fake function working)

KERNEL AND KEXT PATCHES:

KernelHaswellE

SMBIOS

MacPro 6,1

And I have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in my Kext folder.

If now I run Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh, then I have also to put the proper Kernel Patch for my CPU? Then do I have to remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?

Thanks!

• Like 1

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin

-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer

-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

• Like 1

Hi Mald0n,

thanks very much, it worked! Now the mother of all questions, just for the sake of nowledge :):

my CPU runs at about 32° to 37° and very rarely it reaches 40°. So basically I think that I don’t stress it that much (Adobe CC and Microsoft Office are the programs I use the most. So no 3D rendering and absolutely no gaming). Fortunately my Corsair h110i seems to keep everything nice and cool. Accordingly, I think that also my power consumption should be very low. Doing benchmark as of now and with my previous configuration, gives me the exact same result, maybe oscillating of some 0,something%. So is the correct PM in a Hackintosh, with all these patches and headache to obtain it, a real game changer, so to speak, in terms of performance, cooling and power consumption?

Thanks for your kind help anyway and have a nice day!

Francesco

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, MaLd0n!

Also need help with poser management.

Sleep does not work, only monitor goes to sleep. Also think that USB does not work correctly.

Hope you can help me. Thanks!

First, replace full Clover folder, dont change nothing

CLOVER.zip

after replace folder, update clover

Clover_v2.4k_r4076.pkg.zip

reboot

send me new ioreg

• Like 1

Look good!

Test ur native onboard audio, test hdmi audio, etc etc

Check cosmetic things in "About This Mac / PCI", if u can post one screenshot like it

MaLd0n 2017-05-21 às 13.02.31.png

PM if go to 800mhz in idle, is good!

• Like 1

Look good!

Test ur native onboard audio, test hdmi audio, etc etc

Check cosmetic things in "About This Mac / PCI", if u can post one screenshot like it

attachicon.gifMaLd0n 2017-05-21 às 13.02.31.png

PM if go to 800mhz in idle, is good!

WOW!

Thanks!

Looks great!

Audio works perfectly, unfortunately can't check HDMI audio.

PS. Just one more thing) Will be great to get working Intel Graphics 630. Maybe one day I will want to use it instead nVidia card.

post-302440-0-79714800-1495382156_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, MaLd0n!

Unfortunately, need your help again.

Recently I decided to use my integrated HD630 as main videocard and use my GT630 as additional (for second monitor). And I did it successfully with help from guy at 4PDA forum.

Today I updated my hack to have native KabyLake and HD630 support (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1921?locale=en_US).

I did it with this manual - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=753765&view=findpost&p=58075541.

My HD 630 work great and now I don't need to use FakeIDs.

But...

My sound becomes broken. Tried different layout ids, but no luck.

I can to put my hack to sleep, but I can wake. Monitor doesn't turn on. Maybe power management doesn't work properly or something else.

At least I notice that now I don't have dsdt file (made by you) in my clover folder.

Can you check my config and power management once more time?

My files:

CLOVER.zip

iMac — Andrey.zip

Send me iMac — Andrey.zip

• Like 1

Hello, MaLd0n!

Unfortunately, need your help again.

Recently I decided to use my integrated HD630 as main videocard and use my GT630 as additional (for second monitor). And I did it successfully with help from guy at 4PDA forum.

Today I updated my hack to have native KabyLake and HD630 support (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1921?locale=en_US).

I did it with this manual - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=753765&view=findpost&p=58075541.

My HD 630 work great and now I don't need to use FakeIDs.

But...

My sound becomes broken. Tried different layout ids, but no luck.

I can to put my hack to sleep, but I can wake. Monitor doesn't turn on. Maybe power management doesn't work properly or something else.

At least I notice that now I don't have dsdt file (made by you) in my clover folder.

Can you check my config and power management once more time?

My files:

try

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

It seems that everything work great except sleep. Can put to sleep, but it restarts instead to wake.

Thanks for your great work!

post-302440-0-55546300-1497219732_thumb.pngpost-302440-0-01382600-1497219824_thumb.pngpost-302440-0-91611500-1497219863_thumb.png

Later will try boot in High Sierra. Hope it will work the same.

Just one more question, I noticed couple stings with ACPI errors in boot log: Kernel_Messsages_BootLog.txt.zip

Please take a look in log file.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Successfully booted in the High Sierra.

post-302440-0-07702700-1497223418_thumb.png

Copy config.plist, changed smbios section to imac18,1 (but I don't know why it shows iMac Late 2012, not Late 2017) and add  -lilubeta -igfxbeta -disablegfxfirmware -alcbets flags.

Same with the sleep, able to put to sleep but restart instead wake.

And some ACPI errors in boot log.

Kernel_Messsages_BootLog.txt.zip

• Like 1