HP XW8400 Lion install problem

waloshin

4 posts in this topic

The recovery DVDs did full installations of the OS X version that originally came preinstalled with the Mac. Its only limitation was a Mac Model check that was done in the OSInstall.mpkg Distribution file. This check was removed through my ModCD so while I don't endorse doing it this way, I'm suggesting to try using it instead of tonymac's install media regardless to see if you can get past this 10.6 kp you're running into. The ModCD does use patched IOATAFamily.kext to get around known 10.6 kernel panics but your kernel panic is unrelated to the well known ones that people dealt with back then so there's no promises that it will fix your issue.

If you do boot up, be sure and look at the Customize install list and verify that what was autoselected is correct before installing. Many people mistake the ModCD as a typical swap CD, while it actually injects additional install packages for you to choose from including a hidden one for the Chameleon bootloader to the DVD's OS installation. It's done via ramdisk mounting and running a number of scripts.

If this doesn't solve your problem then don't expect any additional help from me. I think it's been too long to deal with 10.6 install issues these days, at least that's my personal opinion. You can try using 10.7 media instead, as your FX1300 loses support in 10.8 from what I understand. Replace the graphics card and you can run OS X versions newer than that.

OSX86_ModCD-032311-151021.iso.zip