USB Ports not working, Dell Precision M6700, Intel eXtensible 3.0

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! This is my first post here.

As the title says, only my back USB port works (eSATA USB 2.0). I have tried 3 kexts (USBInjectAll, Rehabman's GenericXHC3I, and FakePCIIID/PCIIDMux) and none of them seemed to do anything. 4 of my 5 USB ports just wont work and I have no clue what to do. I've also tried the AHCI Clover Configurator patches to change ID with no luck.

The controller is Intel eXtensible 3.0 as per Windows. I don't know if all 4 ports are USB 3 or not. I've tried plugging in USB 2 and 3 devices into all ports but none worked. I need the back port for a USB wifi adapter so I cant use it for anything else.

Any ideas or help would be great, thank you so much. Really want to get OS X working on this machine.

what ur processor?

-Post ur full Clover folder

-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer

attachicon.gifIORegistryExplorer 3.app.zip

-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

attachicon.gifRunMe.app.zip

Intel i7-3740QM 3.5GHz quad-core/Intel HD 4000/Nvidia Quadro K3000M/16GB DDR3/1920x1080 in built

Thanks.

Send me MacBook Pro.zip

MacBook Pro IOReg.zip

CLOVER.zip

Replace folder and test

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

Thank you so much! Out of curiosity, what exactly did you do to fix the issue? 

Also, one more question if you don't mind: I have a Legacy windows installation on a separate SSD and I can't get clover to detect it, legacy boot from hd1/hd2/hd3 just brings me to a blinking cursor. I can boot from F12 boot menu though.

Any ideas? Thanks again!

• Like 1

in many cases the boot partition for windows is a "System Reserved"

the folder work? USB ok now?

USB is all good, all ports work, thanks again.

I dont know about that, I can boot windows from f12 menu > Internal HDD. thats all I know, I just want to find a way to boot it from clover.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...