Can't get any ML installers to work on Asus P9X79 LE, 4930k, GT640

psylichon

1 post in this topic

I really had hoped to get through my first Hackintosh install without needing to post, but I'm out of ideas on this conversion:

Computer details in description. I've tried Niresh and MyHack/Chameleon. I can't get a ##### USB installer going because I can't get a legit appstore version of Mountain Lion. I've tried to trick it with all the standard YouTube workarounds, but can't get it to recognize any of my copies of Mountain Lion as legit.

All installers get to the same place (see attached pic) and then do the same thing... blank screen but monitor stays synced. Then nothing. I've stripped the PC down to the bare essentials and set secure boot up for Other OS. The MyHack USB I made gets to the installer on my HP laptop, so I know it is functional. I'm just missing a key BIOS setting and/or boot option combination on the desktop. I feel I've tried everything at this point.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd venture into newer installers, but I really need Mountain Lion for my particular version of Avid Pro Tools.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

post-1975733-0-97167400-1486409609_thumb.jpg