Fujitsu Lifebook A555 El Capitan?

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I've got a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 with 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel i3 5th Generation processor (2.00 GHz), and Intel HD Graphics 5500.

I've heard that Intel 5500 needs the DMVT to be changed, but I also heard that I could risk bricking my laptop.
Will anyone please write out a guide for me to install El Capitan with Wifi and Sound working on this laptop?
I would really appreciate it. I didn't understand the Broadwell part of Rehabman's new users guide. I'm not saying you guys do all the hard work and let me relax, I just want a guide specifically for my laptop (just to be safe) if you could manage writing it. (Because I don't want to end up bricking it)
Thanks a lot 1f642.png:)

I've got an El Capitan usb installer created using Createinstallmedia on OS X (friend's macbook) and Clover.

I see you also made a thread on the other forum using this exact wording. No one is going to make a guide for an A555 model unless they own an A555 themselves. The guides Rehabman linked you to is the best you're going to get.

According to someone's lspci dump for the A555 model it looks like it comes with Intel wifi which isn't supported. Hopefully it's easily accessible from a bottom panel for you to replace with a supported Broadcom or Atheros card, otherwise you'll have to get a cheap USB wifi adapter that has an OS X driver for it. I highly recommend trying to replace it over going USB.

Realtek gigabit LAN will be fine. Try: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binary/

There's no support for PCIE Realtek card readers. A cheap USB card reader works fine in OS X.

You have an Alps touchpad so you'll have to use a version of VoodooPS2 made for Alps as the default one doesn't support it. I use this one on my laptop that also has Alps: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9070-a-new-voodoops2controller-compatible-for-alps-on-sierrael-capitan-1011410115/

Your audio codec is ALC283 which you can get working with AppleALC or VoodooHDA. You shouldn't have too hard of a time getting it working.