Blue Screen On Boot

Adamantinus

2 posts in this topic

I previously had problems even installing OSX (10.4.7 JaS DVD, find my other topic for specs) due to a partition map error. I ended up installing on an IDE hard drive, and even though MacOS said it wouldn't harm the drive, it completely f***ed it over and I had to format the whole thing. From there though, it worked fine, and installed OS X. I installed the patches, and let it install. Then it hung while Finishing Up, and after like an hour of waiting, I just rebooted with the reboot button. It booted fine (Albeit with a few errors while the small text was scrolling past, but it went past those) until the blue screen with a mouse. I let it sit there for ages, but it doesn't advance past blue, and the mouse skips over the screen horribly, like it's lagging.

I have an SSE3 CPU (3200+ Venice 939) but the setup DVD recognised it as SSE2 only. Why is it lagging and freezing so horribly at this screen, and can I fix it?

Okay, I decided to boot again, and this time it did the same thing but with the rainbow wheel. On the third boot, it worked fine.

I have an A8N-SLI, and like said in the 10.4.7 compatibility list, LAN does not function. Is there a fix for this? Will updating to 10.4.8 using JaS' patched 10.4.8 work?

Also, it still doesn't recognise my SSE3. I didn't see an option to install an AMD SSE3 patch during install, did I miss something?