ALC883 Intel HD Audio

2 posts in this topic

Braintrust,

I've been trying to get my audio working on my Acer Travelmate 4222WLMi by following the various guides on the board here, and i decided to check out the system profiler under extensions. It says i have 2 AppleAzalia extensions loaded.

The first one is from the AppleAC97Audio.kext, which has unsatisfied dependencies. Here's what it says:

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IOHDAudioFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext has no receipt

The second one is from AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, again, unsatisfied, same files that're missing?

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IOHDAudioFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Now, i do get it to show up in the control panel that i have "HD Sound Built-In" But no audio comes forth. I'm guessing it's due to this. Where would i find these files?

OSX86 version 10.4.7 JaS, Core Duo 1.66, 1gb ddr2, 120Gb, 15.4" WS.

Anyone?

:D

UPDATE: Okay, well, i tried going back to the AppleHDA.kext, which subsequently requried me to reinstall osx. :thumbsdown_anim:

I'm back to the same point i was, this time a little more gracefully. Here's what i know right now:

I have moved AppleHDA.kext to /System/Library/Extensions.disabled/

I have moved AppleAC97Audio.kext to /System/Library/Extensions.disabled/

I have changed the VendorID and CodecID in the respective Info.plist files for AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

Now i have HD Audio Output as an option, but i still get no audio through the speakers. In system profiler, i only have AppleAzaliaAudio and AppleAzaliaController as the only thing for audio. (besides the following problem)

When i highlight AppleAzaliaAudio or AppleAzaliaController, it says i fail some dependencies:

Dependency Errors:

And when i look up IOHDAudioFamily it says all dependencies have been satisfied. What gives?