OSX close.. no cigar!

astropolia

6 posts in this topic

I have wanted to try OSX on my PC for half a year... and i cant get it working. Tried many different patched images and searched this forum many times. Here is a description of my last try:

Heres my specs:

Processor: AMD 64 X2 4400+ (Toledo, SSE3)

Mainboard: ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe (Chipset Nforce 4)

Video Card: Nvidia 7900 GTX

RAM: Kingston 3 GB (DDR)

Hard Drives: Hitachi DeskStar 7K500 (4 x 500 GB, SATA)

Image jas 10.4.7. burned to dvd. Got windows xp installed on first hard drive on the first partition out of 5 partitions. Last partition (number 5) is meant for OSX. Used Acronis disk director to partition and make a FAT partiton on number 5 partition. Installed the OS selector wich is included in the Acronis disk director. I put my Jas dvd in my drive and booted. From her on everything was fine. It booted and i intalled everything. I used the disk utillity to erase the partition and in the custom intall list i checked the "AMD 10.4.7 combo update", "AMD Kernel", and the "VIA Sata ATA" boxes. I rebooted and continued installation and got in to Mac osx. Great i thought. But when i boot from now on i cant get in again. It just shows a black screen with a blinking dot... and nothing happens. My OS selector does recognize another OS but... when booting... black screen.

I think i must be very close for this to work. Please be specific with your answer. Any help is much appreciated. And Jas... you're the man!

Last partition (number 5) is meant for OSX. Used Acronis disk director to partition and make a FAT partiton on number 5 partition.

Rules for running OSX:

- it must be on a Primary (not logical/extended) partition

- It should not follow a logical/extended partition

- a hard drive can only have 4 primary partitions

So, there is no way this is going to work with OSX on the 5th partition. It must be on one of the first 4 partitions if all partitions are Primary. But if any partition is logical/extended, then OSX must be on one of the first 3 Primary partitions - before the logical/extended partiton(s)

try 10.4.1 dead moo the original and dd it use the wiki and google thats all i can tell you.

NOBODY should be using Deadmoo in this day and age. Deadmoo contains OSX 10.4.1. Apple significantly changed OSX starting with 10.4.3. As a result, most current Intel OSX apps will not run on 10.4.1.

I wish torrent sites, P2P sites and websites would delete Deadmoo for being old and obsolete. The people who knew the details of running Deadmoo have moved on to bigger and better things and won't be supporting Deadmoo installations.

Rules for running OSX:

- it must be on a Primary (not logical/extended) partition

- It should not follow a logical/extended partition

- a hard drive can only have 4 primary partitions

So, there is no way this is going to work with OSX on the 5th partition. It must be on one of the first 4 partitions if all partitions are Primary. But if any partition is logical/extended, then OSX must be on one of the first 3 Primary partitions - before the logical/extended partiton(s)

Im actually very surprised that i have never seen this on any guide on how to install OSX (or on this forum for that matter). If this realy is essential for installing OSX then it should be on every guide. Guides sometimes mention about that OSX must be on a primary partition but nothing about the other matters. I cant wait to see if this works. And thanks Rammjet.