sata hdd problem

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, a friend of mine tried installing osx86 from the jas 10.4.7 dvd but it seems the disk utility didn't detect his hdd. Before starting he completely wiped his hdd. He is using a seagate barracuda 200 gb hdd and it's sata. His motherboard is the intel desktop board d101ggc and is using the ati radeon xpress 200 series chipset. plz help.

OSX only supports SATA chipsets from Intel and VIA. Since it is an Intel board, you would expect the SATA chipset to also be Intel. But you should verify this. Try going into Device Manager in Windows and find the SATA chipset and verify its manufacturer.

Also, when installing OSX to a hard drive, you should first create partitions for OSX to install to. If using the whole hard drive, use a Windows/Linux disk/partition utility to format the whole hard drive as FAT32. This will create the needed MBR partition scheme. Then in Disk Utility, select the primary partition (listed below the hard drive) and format it as MacOS Extended Journaled (HFS+).

I think that ATI xpress 200 SATA isn't supported

try with an eide disk.

(I have a xpress 200 and osx setup hang up on the blue screen.

I tried to install osx using another pc (with nforce3) and after install I move back the HD to the ati chipset, but I a receive a ugly Still waiting for root device).

ciao

Giacomo